What is your Language? (Select to translate)
Global Supply Chain Management Education at Richard J Wehle School of Business in Buffalo
Founded in 1870, Canisius College is one of 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the nation and the premier private university in Western New York. Canisius is consistently ranked by US News & World Report as one of the best comprehensive universities in the North region. Canisius College is a private, independent Roman Catholic college. It is governed by an independent self-perpetuating Board of Trustees under a charter granted by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York.
As an urban college, Canisius enjoys a special relationship with the City of Buffalo. The concept of community service on which the college prides itself is best evidenced by the large number of Canisius graduates who have occupied important positions in the professional, educational, commercial and political life of the city and its surrounding communities. Buffalo’s largest private college is named after Saint Peter Canisius, a 16th century Dutch scholar. The college’s founders were guided by the same educational ideals that inspired several European universities and initiated a tradition of service to student and community.
Canisius offers academic programs taught by faculty who are leaders in their fields. More than 125 majors, minors and special programs through the College of Arts & Sciences, the Richard J. Wehle School of Business, and the School of Education and Human Services provide many exciting options for career preparation or higher-level educational pursuits. Classes are offered in state-of-the-art campus facilities and in out-of-class settings through exciting field study and internship opportunities.
- Bachelor/MBA Program: Receive your undergraduate and graduate degree in 5 years. Open to all majors. Students start taking graduate business classes in their senior year. With the MBA, you can opt for Supply Chain Management Major. Students also have an option to choose internship in Supply Chain Management as well.
- MBA with Global Supply Chain Management Concentration (Evening): : The Evening MBA is designed for either full or part-time study. Working adults can complete their program of studies on a parttime basis. Students attending full-time can take up to 12 credit hours a semester and complete in 16 months. The majority of students come from the Western New York area and they have a variety of undergraduate majors. Concentrations offered: Accounting, Financial Services, Global Supply Chain Management, Information Technology, International Business, Leadership and Change, Marketing in the new Economy
CANISIUS College Features
- Campus: Starting out as a single building in the center of downtown Buffalo, Canisius College has since expanded to cover the more than 57 acres and 35 academic buildings of its dual campus on Main Street. It is easily accessible by expressway, subway and bus routes.
- Accreditation: Canisius College received its authority to confer bachelor’s degrees in 1883 when it was incorporated by the Regents of the University of the State of New York. Canisius College is an accredited member of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. Canisius’ undergraduate and graduate business programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International.
- The Faculty: The college’s present faculty is a group of highly trained, dedicated individuals who take a personal interest in the students under their charge. Over 96 percent have earned doctoral or terminal degrees in their fields.
- Campus Programming and Leadership Development:The Office of Campus Programming and Leadership Development (CPLD) encourages and promotes involvement and enhances student learning through co-curricular programming and leadership development opportunities. The office sponsors an array of leadership development opportunities and programs that will enhance your college experience such as Leadership Workshops, the Leadership Series, Leadership in Film series, LEAD Team, and the High School Leadership Workshop. Additionally, a “leadership library” of books and other resources is available to students.
- Career Center: : Canisius College provides a number of programs and services through the Career Center that are designed to help students define their career goals and be well prepared to ensure a successful transition from student life to the world of work. The Career Center collaborates with Residence Life, Student Activities and other divisions of the college to provide workshops on career-related topics such as interview skills, resume writing and job search strategies.
LAST UPDATED ON Mar 05, 2018