Global Supply Chain Management Education at the School of Business in Potsdam & Online
Clarkson University is New York state’s highest ranked small research institution. Located in the northern Adirondacks in the college town of Potsdam, Clarkson stands out among America’s private, nationally ranked research institutions because of its dynamic collaborative learning environment, innovative degree and research programs, and unmatched track record for producing leaders and innovators.
Clarksonians from around the globe design new products, start new businesses, and come up with the ideas that make the world a healthier, wealthier, and more humane place. Clarkson educates the leaders who defy convention and move the world forward. One in six alumni is already a CEO, president or senior executive of a company or business.
For you as an undergraduate student, that means working with preeminent faculty, having access to research opportunities early in your academic career, and getting an education that will give you a leg up in the job market. For graduate students, it means Clarkson is focused in select niche areas that will enrich and ensure you are getting the best education in fields they are passionate about pursuing.
- BS in Global Supply Chain Management: The GSCM curriculum takes a systems approach, which includes concepts and faculty from operations management, marketing, information systems, human resource management, strategic management, and economics woven together in a seamless curriculum.
- MBA with Advanced Certificate in Global Supply Chain Management (Onsite - 1 year, Hybrid and Online - 21 months): You will be challenged and you will work hard. You will conduct business research under the guidance of distinguished faculty mentors. You will develop critical leadership and problem-solving skills. You will find workable solutions to multifaceted, real-world problems. You also have the option to specialize in your chosen field by completing one of our Advanced Certificate Programs, recognized by New York State for academic rigor and leadership development such as Global Supply Chain Management. The Global Supply Chain Management advanced certificate will teach you how to make your networks responsive and secure enough to coordinate the movement of goods, services, information and money. This certificate is the result of industry input and a comprehensive integration of best business practices. To earn it, you’ll study with faculty across a multitude of disciplines, including Operations Management, Marketing, Information Systems, Human Resources and Finance.
CLARKSON University Features
Clarkson University was founded in 1896 as a memorial to Thomas S. Clarkson, successful entrepreneur and Northern New York businessman who was also distinguished by a deep and abiding concern for humanity. Clarkson is a nationally ranked research university offering more than 50 comprehensive programs in business, engineering, science, liberal arts, health sciences, and environmental studies. With 221 full-time teacher-scholars engaged in world-class research, Clarkson has developed an international reputation in the fields of Advanced Materials Science, Biotechnology, Environment & Energy, Entrepreneurship and Global Supply Chain Management.
- Campus: The 640-acre campus at the Village of Potsdam is a classic college campus and located on the banks of the beautiful Raquette River. Potsdam's tree-lined streets and historic red sandstone buildings give a friendly feel to an array of modern stores and restaurants. Clarkson and SUNY Potsdam are within walking distance of one another.
- Accreditation: Clarkson University's School of Business is among the nation's select institutions to obtain accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International) in addition to the University's overall accreditation by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Student Life: First-year community living is designed to facilitate a healthy and positive transition to Clarkson. During your first year, you will live among other first-year students in one of three residence halls. After that, you have choices among suites, apartments and townhouses. Theme housing is also a choice for interest groups, such as CEO Club, athletic teams or substance-free living. Fraternity and sorority housing is another option.
- Placement Statistics: 100% of the supply chain graduates (undergraduate and graduate) were employed within three months of graduation with salaries among the top 20% of all U.S. universities. Starting salaries range from ,000 to ,000, with an average in the mid s. Industry leaders hiring GSCM students include: Accenture, Apple Computer, Boeing, Corning, GE, Honeywell, IBM, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon Stanley Works, and Target.
- Clarkson Honor Roll: Clarkson is recognized among the finest universities in the nation, according to such diverse measures as U.S. News and World Report, the Association for Independent Technological Universities, and corporate recruiters. Clarkson focuses on providing a rigorous professional experience, connecting discovery and engineering innovation with enterprise, and developing a collaborative community for students, faculty and staff.
- Entrepreneurship: Research and discovery tells only part of the Clarkson story. Through initiatives like the Center for Entrepreneurship, Clarkson's entepreneurial culture promotes innovation to create the processes and opportunities for commercialization of the ideas and connects to the world at large. Whether you want to lead a big company or work for yourself, you'll be immersed in the experiences that let you just do it from the first day you arrive on campus.
LAST UPDATED ON Mar 5, 2018