Translate to Your Language
Marine Engineering Education at North Terrace Campus, University of Adelaide
Founded in 1874, the University of Adelaide is a public university located in Adelaide, South Australia and consistently ranked in the top 1% of universities in the world with high-quality education that's recognized internationally. The university has produced numerous Nobel Prize winners and more than 100 Rhodes Scholars. Adelaide University is a member of the Group of Eight, made up of Australia's top research-intensive universities.
University’s main campus is located on the North Terrace in the Adelaide city center. The main campus is the site of most teaching and research facilities. Set in the cultural heart of the city, the University offers excellence in its educational and social facilities. Other campuses are: Roseworthy Campus (dryland agriculture, natural resource management and animal production); the Waite Campus (Waite Agricultural Research Institute); Thebarton Campus (Adelaide University Research Park) and an education center in Singapore.
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences provides high quality teaching and research in strategically chosen areas of Engineering, Computer Science and Mathematics. Graduates from this Faculty are highly regarded by employers and have been successful in a variety of areas. The Faculty has close links with industry, and its research is well supported by grants and contracts from both government and the private sector. Many of its technological breakthroughs form the basis of independent companies with University shareholding or joint venture agreements with industry both in Australia and overseas.
- Graduate Certificate in Marine Engineering (6 months, Full-time):
- Graduate Diploma in Marine Engineering (1 year, full-time)
- Master of Marine Engineering (1.5 years, Full-time)
- Programs in Marine Engineering offer students the opportunity to further develop and enhance their skills and expertise in this field. The variety of specialized coursework electives and study options enable students to meet their individual needs as well as meeting industry-defined objectives. Industry sponsored students can undertake work-based projects to enhance their practical experience.
- The degree is conferred by the University of Adelaide, which delivers most of the courses. The remaining courses are mostly delivered by the University of South Australia. Marine Engineering programs are structured so that students can complete the degree in steps. This approach provides the opportunity to complete the Graduate Certificate, then Graduate Diploma and finally the Masters Degree. The advantage of this approach is that it provides options for career-life balance.
UNIVERSITY OF ADELAIDE Scholarships
- Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI)
- Chilean Bicentennial Fund Scholarships
- China Scholarship Council - University of Adelaide Joint Postgraduate Scholarships Program
- Endeavour Postgraduate Awards (International applicants)
- Full Fee Scholarships
- Governor's International Student Awards
- Northcote Graduate Scholarships
- Prime Minister's Australia Asia Endeavour Awards (International applicants)
- Rio Tinto (NTRB) Scholarships
- The Adelaide Postgraduate Coursework Scholarships International (APCS)
- Plus more
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 20, 2017