Marine & Offshore, and Logistics & Supply Chain Masters Programs & Short Courses
Cranfield is a wholly postgraduate university in UK, specializing in science, technology and management and based on two campuses, with a research-oriented focus. From unique cabin evacuation research to finding life on Mars, from a frost blanket for racecourses to zero-emission cars, and from the next generation of anti-landmine devices to a new blood glucose monitor, Cranfield’s focus is squarely on the application of its research.
Cranfield has a global reputation for inspirational teaching and research, industrial-scale facilities and superior links with industry and commerce. From entrepreneurial performance and leadership, to supply chain management and corporate social responsibility, Cranfield is influencing management practice. The main campus is at Cranfield, Bedfordshire and its own operational airport which is used by Cranfield University's own aircraft in the course of aerospace teaching and research.
Canfield is the UK’s most business-engaged university. Cranfield School of Management, a world leader in management education and research, has been helping individuals and businesses learn and succeed by transforming knowledge into action. The School brings together a range of management disciplines through a significant portfolio of activities that includes research and consultancy, postgraduate masters and doctoral programs, executive development courses, customized programs and conferences.
The Cranfield University offer a wide range of offshore and Oil & Gas MSc courses and is a leading provider of professional development short courses. The short programs offer an invaluable way of keeping up-to-date with the latest technological developments and strategies. The courses are delivered by subject specialists here at Cranfield and external practitioners.
Logistics & Supply Chain Programs
- MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management (1 year, full time): Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc is a top-ranked supply chain master's course. It is ranked 2nd in the UK and 11th in the QS World University Rankings: Masters in Supply Chain Management Rankings 2021. This logistics postgraduate course provides you with the knowledge and skills in logistics and supply chain management to help you make a significant difference in the global marketplace.
- MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Executive) (2 years, part time): This part-time supply chain postgraduate course is designed to nurture your practical business skills and confidence. It also places huge emphasis on real-world challenges and industry best practice which you can apply back to your own organization.
- MSc Procurement and Supply Chain Management (1 year full time): This purchasing postgraduate course will provide you with the specialist knowledge and skills in procurement and supply chain management that you need to further your career in this sector.
Marine & Offshore Programs
- MSc Offshore Engineering (1 year full time, 2-3 years part time): This MSc will prepare you for a career in offshore renewable energy or traditional offshore oil and gas engineering. With a choice of engineering or management study routes, this course will enable you to contribute to developing stable, secure and financially viable solutions to the fundamental energy challenges affecting society in the 21st century.
- MSc Safety and Accident Investigation (2-3 years part time): The MSc in Safety and Accident Investigation allows you to receive an internationally recognized qualification in the field of accident investigation. The majority of students join this course with the intention of receiving a qualification that will allow them to further their career development in accident investigation or other safety related areas of the transport industry.
- MSc by Research in Integrity Assessment of Structural Offshore and Energy Coatings (1 year): Research characterizing the tolerance of offshore and energy protective coatings to extreme temperature fluctuations.
- MSc in Thermal Power - Gas Turbine Technology option (1 year, full time): Gas Turbine Technology is a specialist option of the MSc in Thermal Power, providing a comprehensive background in the design and operation of different types of gas turbines for all applications.
Logistics & Supply Chain Short Courses
- Logistics Modeling (5 days): The aim of this module is to give a general understanding of the principles and techniques of logistics modeling. The emphasis is on the development and application of quantitative models to support logistical analysis.
- Supply Chain Management Program (5 days, online or residential): Taking advantage of Cranfield’s proud research led heritage in this area, the Supply Chain Management program is the only course of its type in the UK and Europe that gives you the very latest knowledge, tools, methods, strategies and solutions to manage your supply chain in the Industry 4.0 Digital era.
Gas Turbine Short Courses
- Gas Turbine Performance (5 days): The aim of this course is to provide you with an understanding of how different types of gas turbine produce useful power and how their output is influenced by a very wide range of operating conditions.
- Gas Turbine Component Technology (5 days): The course aims to present an in depth coverage of the key aspects of gas turbine component technologies and addresses aspects such as component design, characteristics and performance.
- Gas Turbine Transient Performance (5 days): The aim of the Gas Turbine Transient Performance course is to provide an understanding of the events taking place during the transient phase, and to introduce and explain the models employed to simulate gas turbine behavior.
- Gas Turbine Combustion (5 days): On completion of the course, the course delegates should understand basis concepts and theories of gas turbine combustors concerning combustor structures, fuel preparation, ignition, diffuser performance calculation, combustions efficiency, operational criteria, pollutant emissions, cooling and material technology, and the role of CFD in combustor design and performance simulation.
Marine Short Courses
- Applied Marine Accident Investigation (3 weeks): The course topics are explored in conjunction with case studies, technical visits to maritime institutions and marine infrastructure facilities. A major element of the course is a five-day simulation exercise. The course is formally assessed and, when combined with the Fundamentals of Accident Investigation course, completes the core element of the PGCert in Safety and Accident Investigation.
- Marine Propulsion System Integration (5 days): The course will provide an overview of various issues related to marine propulsion and system integration. The course will cover aspects related to selection of propulsion systems and their integration and optimization.
- Fundamentals of Accident Investigation (3 weeks): This course focuses on the fundamental skills required by an accident investigator, and draws upon the experiences of the air, marine and rail transport industries to give a balanced view of the accident investigation process.