Purchasing, Logistics & Supply Chain Management Education at Bedfordshire Business School, Luton
Established in 2006 following a merger between the University of Luton and De Montfort University's Bedford campus, the University of Bedfordshire is based in Luton and Bedford, the two largest towns in the English county of Bedfordshire and has a long history of education dating back to 1882. Bedfordshire University has more than 20,000 students and 1,000 members of staff and the university community represents more than 100 different countries.
The employment rate for graduates is 92 per cent according to the Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey 2009. The university has been awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2011, one of the most prestigious corporate honors any entity can win. Also University of Bedfordshire has been awarded the Gold standard in Investors in People which shows te commitment to continuous business improvement through the people and has been emerged as one of the highest climbers in the independent People & Planet Green League 2011.
University of Bedfordshire Business School is the largest University Business School in the region with some 4,000 students and over 100 teaching and research staff. The school offers practical, relevant, vocational courses underpinned by research excellence. Students benefit from the Business School's excellent links with industry, advice and assistance in finding work or study placements both abroad and in the UK. The Business School is involved in a wide range of activities partially funded or fully funded by third parties and funding bodies.
- MBA Logistics and Supply Chain Management ( 1 year full time, also available part time): This postgraduate degree aims to enhance your professional prospects by developing your capability to apply the latest thinking relating to organizational development and change in the competitive global context. It is designed for individuals who want to develop both their management skills and new areas of business interest and those seeking fast track career progression opportunities.
- Entry Requirements: A good honors degree (or equivalent qualification) in an appropriate subject from a recognized university or HE institution. Also consider candidates with other relevant qualifications or appropriate work experience will be considered. You may also need to have the required English language qualification
- MSc in Purchasing, Logistics and Supply Chain Management (1 year, full-time): Contemporary and sustainable strategies for purchasing, logistics and supply chains are critical to the success of any global commercial organization, and this course will help you to develop your knowledge of their application in various industry sectors. You will study the legal, social and environmental issues faced by modern businesses, and learn how to optimize purchasing, supply chain and logistics management decisions at operational, tactical and strategic levels. Your management skills are enhanced through gaining critical insights into the best practices of dynamic modern businesses, both nationally and across international boundaries.
- Recognition: This is a Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) accredited degree.
- Capstone Project: This Master's course provides the opportunity to undertake different types of project, a Capstone Experience which completes the integration of your studies applied in one of the following - Professional Practice, Live Project or Dissertation.
- Entry Requirements: Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Hons level, or equivalent. Consideration will be given to mature applicants with lower level qualifications, but with substantial relevant work experience.