Supply Chain Management Education, Training & Certifications at the John B. Goddard School of Business & Economics and Hurst Center for Lifelong Learning
Founded in 1889, Weber State University is a coeducational, publicly supported university offering professional, liberal arts and technical certificates, as well as associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees. The university prides itself in its excellent teaching, extraordinary commitment to meeting the needs of students at every stage of life and ongoing service to the community. Online courses, distance learning, independent study and evening classes are offered at times and places to meet the complex needs of students balancing family and work responsibilities.
Weber State University is an exceptional comprehensive university providing associate, bachelor and master's degrees to meet the needs of the region. WSU graduates are broadly educated, capable and prepared for meaningful careers, graduate and professional schools, and civic engagement. The hallmark of the university is excellent teaching with extraordinary interactions between faculty and students. WSU offers over 250 separate degrees/programs the largest and most expansive undergraduate program in the State of Utah. With a student body of over 24,000 drawn predominantly from Utah, but also including students from 50 states and 49 foreign countries, WSU takes pride in its student-centered environment for learning and believes that quality education is founded upon close associations between faculty and students.
The John B. Goddard School of Business & Economics is a leader in preparing students for careers in business. The Goddard School attracts students from across the nation and around the world who desire a quality education. Nearly 2000 students are enrolled in undergraduate programs in accounting, business administration [with emphases in business administration, finance, management (with human resource management track), marketing, and supply chain management], economics, and information systems & technologies; and more than 240 students pursue degrees in the Master of Accounting program as well as the Master of Business Administration program.
- BS in Business Administration with Supply Chain Management Empasis: Graduates of the business administration department enjoy high job placement rates. Employers such as Pfizer Pharmaceuticals, Wells Fargo Financial, eBay, Ivory Homes, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Flying J, Deseret Book, and a number of other well known organizations have hired Business Administration graduates. Through internships and participation in student organizations, you will develop leadership skills, gain valuable experience, and interact with peers, faculty, alumni, and business professionals. Supply Chain Management concentration allows students to focus their education on the supply chain of purchasing, producing, moving and marketing goods and services on a global basis. Professional logistic associations make three scholarships available each year exclusively to supply chain management majors at Weber State University.
Professional Development & Certification Programs
- APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP): Weber State University offers the APICS CSCP certification review course designed to prepare individuals for APICS CSCP certification or to obtain the knowledge to suit the needs of the company or individual. This course includes four different modules and can be taken in preparation for CSCP certification or taken to suit individual needs. To receive CSCP certification, applicants must successfully pass the comprehensive exam offered through APICS. Learn More About APICS here.
- APICS Certified In Production and Inventory Management (CPIM): Weber State University, in partnership with APICS, offers the five APICS CPIM exam preparation courses. Courses can be taken collectively in preparation for CPIM certification, or taken separately to suit individual needs. To receive CPIM certification, applicants must successfully pass the five comprehensive exams offered through APICS.
- APICS Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution (CLTD): The APICS Certified in Logistics, Transportation & Distribution (CLTD) designation provides a comprehensive body of knowledge, best practices and standards for those in the logistics, transportation and distribution industries. The APICS CLTD designation serves the needs of both professionals and employers around the world by reducing the impact of industry skills gaps as well as assisting employers in developing the personnel needed to meet customer demand and impact bottom-line results.
- ISM Accredited Purchasing Practitioner (APP) (24 hours): The APP Examination Preparation Course offers intensive study involving definitions and analytical material pertaining to modules one and two of the ISM exam series required for APP certification. The course is oriented toward individuals who are in entry-level positions performing purchasing-related duties. Learn more about ISM here.
- ISM Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) (24 hours): Weber State University offers programs which provide purchasing practitioners and managers with a high level of professional knowledge, skills and abilities in purchasing management. Programs also help prepare participants for the Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) certification exam modules.
WEBER STATE Features
WSU is distinguished by outstanding academic programs that recruit motivated students to work with faculty to create and share knowledge. More than fifty academic departments and programs in seven colleges provide learning opportunities for a diverse spectrum of students, including grants and support for undergraduate research, community-based and service learning, an Honors program, and a Bachelor of Integrated Studies (BIS) program. The Office of Undergraduate Research and Community-Based Learning (CBL) program help to engage students in learning both inside and outside the classroom, and the Honors program provides small classes in a rich, supportive, and challenging academic setting. The BIS offers students the opportunity to design their own degrees with three areas of academic emphasis meant to prepare them for specific career paths or graduate study.
- Campus: WSU's main campus is in Ogden, Utah in the foothills of the Wasatch Mountains, on the western flank of the Rockies. WSU has an additional campus, WSU Davis, in Layton, Utah. Covering more than 500 acres, the Ogden campus houses 37 academic buildings, as well as the Ott Planetarium, the Val A. Browning Center for the Performing Arts and the Kimball Visual Arts Center. Residence halls can accommodate 668 students. The Davis campus has a 106,000 square foot building which houses more than 200 classes per semester.
- Accreditation: Weber State University is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. The John B. Goddard School of Business & Economics is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International, the premier global accrediting agency in business and accounting education.
- Students: More than 24,000 students study full- and part-time. Nearly 600 students live on the Ogden campus. The university recognizes that a diversity of cultures and perspectives enriches the learning environment. Here students find an atmosphere where they are valued and encouraged to participate fully.
- Student Life: Students choose from more than 100 student clubs and organizations. A lot of the fun happens on campus in the Shepherd Union Building and at the Dee Events Center. The surrounding area offers skiing and rock climbing on nearby mountains and rafting on nearby rivers.
- Small Business Development Center: The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is a partnership between Weber State University, the U.S. Small Business Administration, and the Utah Governor’s Office of Economic Development. The SBDC provides a wide variety of seminars, workshops and courses in small business and entrepreneurship, as well as management assistance to small and emerging businesses in Northern Utah. Areas of consultation include business assessment and planning, marketing research and strategy, financial analysis and planning, debt and equity funding development, information technology, and human resource management.
- Small Business Institute: The Small Business Institute (SBI) uses teams of senior-level or graduate students to provide management consulting and technical assistance to small business concerns. Students participating in the program receive university credit and the opportunity to apply their knowledge and skills in a real-world setting. Participating businesses receive management assistance at no charge.
- Child Center for Entrepreneurship: The William H. Child Center for Entrepreneurship supports the education of students in the creation of new business organizations, whether start-up firms, joint ventures or new subsidiaries of existing companies. Specific programs sponsored by the Center include the Utah Collegiate Entrepreneur Award program, an annual student business plan competition, outreach entrepreneurship education programs in area high schools, and student organizations, such as the Weber Entrepreneurs Association (WEA) and Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE).
- Study Abroad: Study abroad programs to China, Hong Kong, South-east Asia, Latin America, Africa, and Europe are regularly offered through the WSU Foreign Language Department, WSU Asian Studies Alliance and other academic departments on campus.
- International Program: The John B. Goddard School of Business & Economics signed a cooperative agreement with Fachhochschule Hof of the Federal Republic of Germany. Under the terms of the agreement, the students can enroll at Fachhochschule Hof without any additional tuition charge. The same privilege is extended to Hof students who enroll at WSU. Each year WSU students will spend a term as students at Fachhochschule Hof and students from Fachhochschule Hof will spend a term at WSU taking business courses.
- WSU Online: WSU Online, Weber State University's virtual campus, offers classes that conform to the academic calendar but can be attended anytime and anywhere via the internet. Several degree programs and courses to meet general education requirements are offered via WSU Online.
- Student Association of Supply Chain Management: SASCM is a student organization run by the students studying SCM. It is dedicated to helping those interested in studying SCM to expand their educational experience and provide networking opportunities with industry professionals.
LAST UPDATED ON Mar 11, 2018