Translate to Your Language
Summer Associate Internship; and Career Opportunities in Admiralty; Maritime; Transportation; International Trade and Related Law
Fulbright & Jaworski, is a full-service international law firm and one of the largest law firms in the United States with nearly 900 attorneys and more than 60 integrated practice areas. Fulbright & Jaworski serves the needs of businesses, governments, non-profit organizations and individual clients around the world in all types of legal matters. There are seventeen Fulbright offices world-wide with 11 US offices in Houston, New York, Washington, D.C., Austin, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, St. Louis and San Antonio, and with international locations in Beijing, London, Munich, Hong Kong, Dubai and Riyadh.
Admiralty and maritime law has been an important practice area for Fulbright & Jaworski for more than 75 years. Maritime clients turn to Fulbright's admiralty practice for legal needs related to litigation, insurance and general business transactions. Fulbright's admiralty practice has a wide range of maritime knowledge and experience. Fulbright's admiralty lawyers also serve as arbitrators and mediators in admiralty disputes. From offshore drilling and service contractors to vessel owners and stevedores, maritime clients rely on Fulbright's admiralty practice for legal advice.
With the growth of international trade, the services and experience of the dynamic Fulbright & Jaworski International Trade Group are increasingly valuable to clients with cross-border operations. The company has assisted clients with diverse international trade controls matters throughout the world, including – Africa; the Americas; the Asia-Pacific region; Europe; the Middle East; and Russia.
FULBRIGHT Career Opportunities
- Summer Associate Program: As the primary source of hiring new associates at Fulbright, the Summer Associate Program is essential to the Firm's continued success. Each year Fulbright & Jaworski invites the finest first and second year law students from the nation's top law schools to spend all or a part of their summer with the Firm. Students may choose to rotate through several departments or spend their clerkship in one area of specialization. Each summer associate has an opportunity to evaluate the firm and its practice by becoming involved in major projects and by observing the work of Fulbright's lawyers. Clerkships are available in locations as diverse as Austin, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, San Antonio and Washington, DC. The Firm also provides a competitive salary, travel reimbursement and assists with housing arrangements.
- Judicial Clerkships: By maintaining a culture built on teamwork, commitment and balance, Fulbright & Jaworski has assembled some of the most knowledgeable lawyers in the world, lawyers whose experiences are often as diverse as their backgrounds. From the United States Supreme Court to the US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, more than 75 of Fulbright's nearly 900 lawyers have clerked for US judges.
- Lateral Lawyers: Selecting a law firm that will both stimulate and support your growth as an attorney is a critical step in your personal and professional development. Fulbright understands that a successful law practice demands a workplace environment that promotes individual achievement without sacrificing the key element of teamwork. In creating this type of environment, the firm has worked hard to combine the flexible, informal atmosphere of a small firm with the resources and client base of a larger firm.
Transportation Industry Practices
Fulbright & Jaworski has worked throughout the transportation industry for many years, from representing air carriers following air disasters to admiralty and marine law matters related to offshore petroleum operations to equipment financing for railcars and aircraft. The firm has represented clients in virtually all sectors of the industry and others involved in transportation projects & regulatory agencies including:
- Interstate oil and gas pipelines
- Motor freight carriers
- Vessel owners/operators
- Department of Transportation
- Interstate Commerce Commission
- Department of Energy
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Department of Justice
- Maritime Administration
- National Transportation Safety Board
- Plus many more..
Admiralty; Alternative Energy; Aviation; Environmental; Equipment Finance; Global Infrastructure; Investigations; Legislative and Public Policy; Tax; US Private Public Partnerships; and Western Lands and Energy