Translate to Your Language
Summer Associate Program & Career Opportunities for New Associates & Experienced Attorneys
Holland & Knight is an international law firm with more than 1,000 lawyers in 17 US offices. Other offices around the world are located in Abu Dhabi, UAE; Beijing, China; and Mexico City, Mexico. With 1,000 lawyers, 150 practice areas and a global presence, Holland & Knight offers the experience and resources to handle most difficult legal challenges including maritime & transportation. The US offices are located at Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Ft Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Lakeland, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Northern Virginia, Orlando, Portland, San Francisco, Tallahassee, Tampa, Washington, DC, and West Palm Beach.
Holland & Knight is consistently recognized as a leading law firm in maritime law by national and international publications. The Maritime Team was featured in Chambers and Partners Global and USA editions (shipping litigation and finance practices), Euromoney's Guide to the World's Leading Shipping Lawyers, The International Who's Who of Shipping & Maritime Lawyers and Super Lawyers (transportation). In addition, the 2010 U.S. News - Best Lawyers Best Law Firms guide placed Holland & Knight's Admiralty & Maritime Law and Equipment Finance Law practices in its first tier both nationally and locally (New York and San Francisco).
In transportation, Holland & Knight lawyers have focused on serving public and private sector clients operating in the many facets of the transportation industry for more than 30 years. The Firm has extensive experience in - government relations; public transportation; aviation; and highways, freight rail, trucking and logistics, and high speed ground transportation with regard to transportation law. And the International Trade Group at Holland & Knight represents US and foreign companies, institutions, associations, and foreign governments on virtually all aspects of international trade matters.
HOLLAND & KNIGHT Career Opportunities
Students & Experienced Lawyers
- Summer Associate Program for Law Students: The summer program provides a real-world law firm experience, with opportunities to - Learn how to practice law by working with experienced lawyers on complex matters for sophisticated clients; Attend client meetings, depositions, hearings, trials, closings, and other out-of-office events; Build relationships with the attorneys through work assignments, mentoring program, periodic practice group presentations, and social events throughout the summer; Work with your peers in the office and throughout the firm. Improve your substantive and practical legal skills through customized training programs designed just for you, including the two-day Summer Associate Training Program.
- New Associates: Holland & Knight is present at several law schools for the campus recruitment purpose.
- Judicial Clerks: As a judicial clerk, you gained intimate knowledge of the inner workings of the court system and honed your writing skills. Your experience is highly valued at Holland & Knight and the hiring is a priority Holland & Knight encourages summer associates to apply for clerkships, keeping their summer associate offers open while they pursue these opportunities.
- Experiences Attorneys: There are plenty of opportunities for experienced professionals at Holland & Knight and, with the global platform, financial strength, cutting-edge technology and depth of experience, the firm can handle today's most sophisticated legal work for substantial clients.
- Lawyer Integration: Joining a new law firm can be daunting, but Holland & Knight strive to make the transition seamless by Tailored Integration Plan; Client Transfer Assistance; Networking and Firm Social Activities; and Ongoing Communications.
- Mentoring: A Partner in each Holland & Knight office serves as the Mentor Coordinator to oversee the program and assign a partner mentor to each new lawyer. In addition to your primary partner mentor, Holland & Knight also provides you with access to peer, affinity and career mentors.
- Career Planning: At Holland & Knight, career planning is personalized to each associate. With input and advice from your practice group leader, mentor, the internal career coach and others, you will establish the short and long-term goals that are right for you. You may change practice areas mid-career, choose a niche practice or shift focus within your original practice area. Whatever the direction, you can explore your career options with the support and resources of the firm.
- Training: Holland & Knight training programs are customized for you, whether you are a summer associate, new associate, mid-level attorney, or seasoned lawyer. More than 150 hours of live training are conducted each year by the firm’s lawyers and outside experts. Training programs may be held in-person in your office or through our state-of-the-art videoconference and web-based tools. Training topics are varied and include - legal writing; substantive law training by practice; legal skills training; professionalism; leadership; communications; and business development, and more.