Con-way was acquired by XPO Logistics in 2015. If you are looking for similar career opportunities, please check our Transport & Logistics Career Section
Founded in 1929, Con-way Inc. is a billion freight transportation and logistics services company and an industry leader in the transportation and logistics industry. It delivers industry-leading services through its primary operating companies of Con-way Freight, Con-way Truckload, and Menlo Worldwide Logistics. These operating units provide high-performance, day-definite less-than-truckload (LTL), full truckload and intermodal freight transportation; logistics, warehousing and supply chain management services; and trailer manufacturing.
With more than 28,500 highly trained personnel, Con-way Inc. and its subsidiaries operate from about 500 operating locations across North America and in 20 countries across five continents. Con-way Freight is a local, regional, transcontinental LTL transportation services. Menlo Worldwide Logistics designs, implements and manages supply chain solutions, including logistics and transportation management, and warehousing and distribution. Con-way Truckload is a network of full truckload services across the US, Canada and Mexico.
Con-way offers some of the most exciting and rewarding transportation and logistics jobs available in the industry. Con-way careers maximize your unique skills and encourage professional growth, while providing a total rewards package that delivers outstanding benefits, compensation and training.
CON-WAY Career Opportunities
Operations Management Careers
- Freight Operations: Con-way's transportation operations careers are front-line positions involved in the day-to-day service center operations throughout the network of 450 operating locations throughout North America. The operations people are directly involved in city inbound and outbound freight operations; developing and implementing process improvements to increase efficiency, costs, and productivity; monitoring quality and delivery services that attract and retain customers; and using ethical business practices in dealing with customers, employees, vendors, suppliers and the community.
- Fleet Maintenance: Con-way’s fleet maintenance personnel directly contribute to the success of the company by overseeing the regular and preventive maintenance of all fleet equipment to ensure superior service to the customers. With a fleet of more than 9,000 LTL tractors and 3,000 truckload tractors, coupled with over 25,000 LTL trailers, 10,000 truckload trailers and the operating network of 460 operating locations, there is no shortage of opportunities for qualified fleet maintenance candidates.
- Logistics Engineering: As a Menlo Worldwide Logistics engineer, you will lead supply chain improvement projects focused on understanding, predicting and/or improving all facets of the customer’s logistics operations. An engineering position at Menlo Worldwide Logistics requires a demonstrated ability to perform complex engineering and data manipulation, along with strong analytical skills and orientation toward data-driven solutions.
- Supply Chain Management: Supply chain management at Menlo Worldwide Logistics is all about creating supply chain solutions that deliver cost efficiencies and operational excellence for our customers. The supply chain managers are focused on inventory, with a directive to align distribution services and assets with a customer’s inventory strategy. In some positions, this also includes designing and executing strategies and plans that encompass warehousing, transportation and inventory management activities to meet customer goals.
- Safety Careers: Con-way employs a range of positions in the field of safety that are responsible for coordinating safety and training programs; tracking and analyzing safety data; coordinating safety audits to ensure compliance with company policies, standards and regulatory requirements; reviewing accident data and communicating accident trends to meet reduction goals; assisting operational management in maintaining safety incentive and awareness programs; and other programs in the areas of health and safety.
- Transportation Management: The transportation managers build on an array of carrier relationships across all modes and apply the right modes and carriers to meet the service and cost requirements of the customers. As a transportation manager, you would be responsible for procurement, analytics, load planning, customer service, booking and event resolution. Logistics’ transportation managers are located at the Network Logistics Center in Aurora, IL, and in regional supply chain offices throughout Europe, Asia and Latin America.
- Warehouse Operations: A career at warehouse logistics center encompasses multiple transportation and value-added service operations - shipping, receiving, material supply services, inventory management, packaging and light assembly, sequencing, and more.
Other Professional Careers
These indispensable professionals provide qualities that are invaluable in today’s busy corporate environment. As Con-way’s businesses continue to expand, the need for highly qualified office professionals becomes more important every day. Whether it’s careers in accounts management, information technology, administrative support, accounting, human resources, procurement, marketing, legal, or other professions, you’ll be joining an elite group of professionals who work tirelessly to deliver high-quality services and support to the customers they serve.