Translate to Your Language
Career Opportunities in Transportation; Logistics; Supply Chain Management; Harbor & Fleeting Services; Towing; and Shipyard Operations
As part of Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM) which is one of the largest agricultural processors in the world, ADM Logistics is a third-party logistics provider and is a leader in supply chain and helps the customer in distribution system, arranging transportation for bulk or packaged freight. Also the supply chain management services include supply chain optimization, design and planning, integration and consulting.
ADM Logistics trucking services gives access to one of North America’s most expansive and resourceful trucking networks - over 6,000 carriers that ship from coast to coast. It also has one of the world’s largest liquid tank truck fleets. ADM Logistics Terminal Services has an extensive offering of services designed to meet the specific needs of domestic and import/export- oriented customers. Services include transloading, terminaling, warehousing and a full array of logistical functions.
American River Transportation Company (ARTCO) is a wholly owned subsidiary of ADM. ARTCO operations include: line-haul vessels, harbor boats, covered hopper barges, tank barges, harbor and fleeting services, and a full service shipyard. ARTCO also provides a third party towing service on the Lower Mississippi, Upper Mississippi, Illinois, and Ohio River.
ADM Career Opportunities
Transportation & Logistics
- Internship Program: Interns learn to communicate with people on all levels on a daily basis and build relationships with carriers. They assist directors with troubleshooting and overall smooth management of ADM’s transportation division. This exciting opportunity is designed to expose logistics majors or those from a similar discipline to many aspects of ADM Transportation. The program is designed as a meaningful professional experience that could lead candidates to a career with ADM.
- Freight Broker Positions: As a team member of a ADM logistics group, the position of freight broker negotiates and procures truck capacity for ADM Logistics’ internal and external customers. This fast-paced position will be responsible for negotiating freight rates and assigning loads to established carriers on a national basis.
American River Transportation Company (ARTCO)
- Boat Captain Positions: ARTCO boat captains are classified as supervisors who are responsible for the overall operation of boats and management of their crews. Candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Candidates must maintain the proper licensing, documentation, endorsements and credentials. Job skills and abilities to operate a vessel in a safe and efficient manner are required.
- Deckhand Positions: Deckhands perform boat maintenance, watch-work and housekeeping duties without direction or supervision. They also perform basic tow work, and line and rigging usage. They are responsible for tow building, fleet tie-off and fleet security, such as rigging lights and inspecting barges and moorings.
- Operator Positions: Responsibilities of this position include the proficient operation of all cranes at the location to perform the duties of cover setting and stacking, cleaning-hopper and bulk material handling and skid loader handling.
- Mechanic Positions: Responsibilities include supervising and evaluating mechanics working at a specific harbor service location, and supervising the maintenance and repair of all boats, cranes, machinery and equipment used there.
- Utility Positions: Responsibilities of this position include welding, carpentry, purchasing, repair, cleaning, driving, operating machinery and any other jobs as directed by lead personnel. This position generally handles supply lists and stock for the boats.