Translate to Your Language
Career Opportunities in Third Party Logistics/ Brokerage; Engineering; Operations Management/ Research; Transportation Logistics; and Maintenance Management
Founded in 1961, J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc., one of the largest transportation logistics companies in North America, provides transportation services to a diverse group of customers throughout the continental United States, Canada and Mexico. Utilizing an integrated, multimodal approach, the company provides capacity-oriented solutions centered on delivering customer value and industry-leading service.
The service offerings include transportation of full truckload containerizable freight, which is directly transported utilizing the company-controlled revenue equipment and company drivers or independent contractors. J.B. Hunt also has arrangements with most of the major North American rail carriers to transport truckload freight in containers and trailers.
With more than 14,500 people in 400 facilities across the lower 48 states in the United States, including the corporate office in Northwest Arkansas, J.B. Hunt is one of North America's largest and best transportation logistics companies and offers a wide array of job opportunities. J.B. Hunt hires exceptional talent, and provides effective training and development opportunities. J.B. Hunt also provides internal advancement opportunities with strong promote-from-within culture.
Fortune magazine named J.B. Hunt to its list of America's Most Admired Companies. The company has been named six times to IDG Computerworld's list of 100 Best Places to Work in IT, and four-time recipient of G.I. Jobs magazine's award as one of the Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers.
J.B. HUNT Career Opportunities
- Internships: J.B. Hunt provides Internship opportunities nationwide for 3rd Party Logistics/Brokerage, Engineering and other positions. You will gain valuable career experience in the transportation logistics industry while learning how to become a successful team member at J.B. Hunt and most of the interns become full-time employees.
- RISE Program: The highly selective RISE Program is designed to develop new or recent college graduates into high potential sales/logistics management professionals within 18-24 months of joining J.B. Hunt. The journey begins at the corporate headquarters in Northwest Arkansas, where you will develop strategic sales and management skills by working within the two key operating segments. After completion of the program, you will relocate from corporate headquarters to one of the regional field locations, where you will be positioned to make an immediate impact on the success of that operation. Requirements - A four-year degree within the last 12 months with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better, six months of work and/or internship experience, and relocation to the corporate headquarters for training and after completion of the program.
- Transportation Sales Coordinator: This position requires a team player with specific skills in sales, relationship management, marketing and customer value delivery. Your main focus will be to provide custom transportation solutions to new and existing customers while growing your customer base.
- Carrier Sales Coordinator: As a carrier sales coordinator, you will be a team player with specific skills in relationship management and customer value delivery. You will establish strong relationships with the partner carriers to ensure safe and effective delivery of the customers' products.
- Logistics Sales Coordinator: A role vital to the many start-up branches, Logistics Sales Coordinators are flexible team players with specific skills in sales, relationship management, marketing, and customer value delivery. As the new branches are getting off their feet, this position will flex between customer and carrier sales as business dictates.
- Transportation Representative: This role is fast-paced and requires a team player with strong customer service and sales skills. In this position, you will work closely with customers to schedule pick-up and delivery appointments, trace shipments, and solicit new and existing customers for future freight opportunities.
- Transportation Sales Manager: As a Transportation Sales Manager, you will be responsible for the solicitation of business from new and existing customers to build business volume according to plan. You will evaluate customers' transportation requirements: existing service, mode, lanes, budget, etc., and propose a custom transportation solution from J.B. Hunt's product offerings.
- Transportation Manager: As a Transportation Manager, you will be responsible for the efficient operation of a small group of customer sales or carrier sales positions in a branch.
- Director of Transportation: As a Director of Transportation, you will be responsible for directing the overall activities of your team within the Integrated Capacity Solutions business segment. Your focus will be servicing customers in a target market, earning acceptable rate of return on sales, maintaining growth targets and profitability, as well as growing and developing your staff.
- Operations Management: As a manager in our operations group, you will utilize J.B. Hunt's innovative, proprietary technologies to help deliver the outstanding customer service the clients have come to expect. The environment is fast-paced, and you have the ability to make decisions that matter.
- Engineering: You'll work in one of three groups focused on improving internal business management processes, developing practical management science applications or designing transportation solutions for specific customer needs. Most engineering team members will spend time in two of the three groups to broaden their business and technical skills. An aptitude for analytical and systematic thinking is critical, as is a commitment to lifelong learning. Engineers must be able to manage multiple projects and timelines with limited resources and firm due dates. The successful engineers come from many different educational and work backgrounds, including - Industrial engineering; Operations research; Transportation logistics; MBA; and Transportation or relevant industry experience.
- Maintenance Management: With more than 40 maintenance locations and approximately 1,500 maintenance employees nationwide, J.B. Hunt offers endless opportunities for current and future managers. Management training is available for maintenance employees who are hard working, motivated and determined to take their careers to a higher level.