Translate to Your Language
Career Opportunities in Transportation/Logistics; Fleet Management; Diesel Truck Technology; Transport Planning; Customer Service; and Operations Management
Founded in 1956, Werner Enterprises, Inc. is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services.
Werner's Value Added Services portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner's domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage. With a fleet of 7,300 tractors, nearly 25,000 trailers and over 13,000 employees and independent contractors, Werner leads among Transportation and logistics companies in US.
With over 13,000 employees, Werner provides various career opportunities and benefits for those who are interested in a transport & logistics career. Werner offers a variety of health care benefits and voluntary benefits designed to help maximize coverage while controlling costs for you and the Company. From medical & 401 k plans, to tuition reimbursements, Werner is a great for work-life balance and future growth.
WERNER Career Opportunities
- Internships: Werner provides internship options that emphasize career opportunities in a corporate business environment to help you prepare for future leadership. An internship With Werner Enterprises offers you an exceptional opportunity to gain an understanding about life in the transportation industry. Werner offers internships in Rates and Pricing, Information Technology, Value Added Services Divisions and Diesel Truck Technology. Summer internship assignments include a 40-hour work week and typically last 12 weeks. Internship opportunities are available at the corporate headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Recruiting Events: Werner visits several university/college campuses around the United States for campus recruitment.
- Operations Management: This entry level management program is located in Omaha, NE. After the six week training program you will be prepared to manage and dispatch approximately 45-75 trucks on a continuous basis. This position is highly dynamic and offers tremendous growth opportunity by exposing you to many different aspects of the transportation industry such as AS400, Qualcomm satellite communication and DOT hours of service regulations.
- Customer Service Management: As a Customer Service Manager you will be responsible to manage and grow an established customer base within a geographical area or a national account. This position is highly visible and allows you to work directly with organizational leaders to help secure the growth and profitability of Werner Enterprises. This opportunity is located in Omaha, NE.
- Transportation Management Trainee Program: Werner's Transportation Management Trainee Program offers an accelerated career path to recent graduates who are willing to relocate and have demonstrated the initiative and the desire to excel. The program offers 3 to 6 months of training at multiple off-site customer locations and requires extensive overnight travel. Off-site training will expose you to an active customer-focused environment where ownership and responsibility are the keys to success. You will learn the fundamentals of supply-chain management, while helping to manage Werner's profitability on an assigned dedicated account. After training, you will be promoted to a full-time management position off-site at a customer account.
- Diesel Truck Technician: Gra-Gar offers opportunity for career growth and hands on experience to the recent graduate of a Diesel Technology/ Technician program. With this opportunity you will be working on late model Trucks which will further your learning and growth as a Technician. These opportunities may be available at up to 22 different locations within the United States.
A list of sample job opportunities available from time to time for experienced personnel is given below:
- Project Manager
- Implementation Manager
- Load Planner
- Fleet Manager
- Freight Broker
- Intermodal Operations Specialist
- Transportation Manager
- Manager - Intermodal Network Design
- Network Analyst - Intermodal
- Intermodal Operations Specialist
- Director - Brokerage Sales
- Plus more