These Programs are No Longer Offered at National College. Please check our Tennessee Section or United States Section for Similar Programs
The College was founded in 1886 by J.A. Trimmer in Roanoke, Virginia, and was originally known as National Business College. Mr. Trimmer conceived of and organized the College to serve as a leader in business education, not only in the Roanoke Valley of Virginia, but throughout the southeastern United States.
The new century also saw the creation of additional campus locations. In 2003 National College of Business & Technology came to Knoxville, Tennessee, and in 2004 it opened its doors in Cincinnati, Ohio, and in the Dayton, Ohio area. In 2005 National College of Business & Technology opened its doors in a fifth state when classes began in Indianapolis, Indiana, and expanded its campuses in Tennessee by adding a campus in Memphis.
The objectives of National College of Business & Technology are to provide students with contemporary training to meet the challenging and changing needs in business and society, and to fulfill the personal needs of the students.
- AS in Logistics/Supply Chain Management: This program provides graduates with skills needed for a career in logistics, materials management, or supply chain management. The expanding global economy has created a 0-billion logistics industry, which is growing rapidly. The need for knowledgeable employees is greater than ever. Students will complete course work in contract and sales law, transportation management, regulatory compliance, and other core subjects. A strong background in business fundamentals and computers are also part of the program.
NATIONAL COLLEGE Features
A major strength of the College is its ability to quickly adjust the curriculum to changes in the employment needs of business and industry and in the career interests of students. Community Representatives, serving as a Campus Advisory Board, provide current and timely advice relative to the employment needs of business, technical, and government organizations. The College also utilizes graduate and employer surveys to provide critical employment market information.
- Campus: The Memphis campus is located south of Midtown in the Lamar Industrial Park. Students enjoy the comfort and convenience of modern classrooms and also have full access to computer labs, etc.
- Accreditation/Approvals: The Memphis Campus is authorized for operation by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission.
- Student Life: National College of Business & Technology offers a friendly atmosphere which only a small college can provide. The College provides academic assistance that includes academic advising, tutoring, and student support services such as orientation and career counseling, all working together to provide a healthy and meaningful experience.
- Course Load: Students enrolled for 12 or more credit hours (three classes or more) per term are considered full-time, and as such qualify for all College assistance and services. Schedules may be arranged for students to select less than a full-time course load if their circumstances prevent full-time attendance.
- Career Counseling: Career counseling is available to teach you how to write a resumé, how to research a company and how to interview effectively – skills you can’t be without in today’s job market.
- Housing: National College is a commuter college therefor no dormitories are available for students.