Sail Training, Power Boat Training, and Specialist Courses & Certification for Sailing Schools Worldwide
Established in 1969 and headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus, International Sailing Schools Association (ISSA) aims to provide opportunities worldwide for people who dream of learning to sail to make a start in a sailing school. Also, ISSA provides an international career path for sailing and windsurfing instructors to teach sailing and windsurfing in other countries.
ISSA’s Mission is to promote Yachting in the regions, areas and among people where it is not popular yet. As an organization present on most of the continents, ISSA aims to contribute to mutual understanding of people originating from different cultures. ISSA is committed to assist the ISSA schools to maintain the highest and most modern standards of education and aims to educate those who decided to occupy themselves with water sports.
ISSA schools offer training in many areas of watersport activities such as Training for Instructors, Leisure Sailing, Professional Sailing, Leisure Power Boats, Professional Power Boats and Specialty Courses (SRC, Sea Survival etc.). Accreditation is provided to sailing schools on certain criteria and ISSA training materials are available to the accredited schools.
- Dinghy Junior Levels 1, 2, 3
- Keelboat Junior Levels 1, 2, 3
- Yacht Crew
- Inshore Skipper
- Offshore Skipper
- Master of Yacht
Power Boat Training
- Power Boat Yacht Crew
- Inshore Power Skipper
- Offshore Power Skipper
- Master of Power Yacht
- Inland Skipper Instructor Course (55 hours)
- Inland Power Skipper Instructor Course (35 hours)
- SRC Marine Radio Instructor Course (8 hours)
- Inshore Power Skipper Instructor Course (45 hours)
- Inshore Skipper Instructor Course (70 hours)
- Basic Safety Training SOLAS
- Requirements for Leisure Craft Operators - According to ECE/TRANS/SC.3/147/Rev.3
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 4, 2021