Marine and Offshore High Voltage Courses Approved by IMCA, EAL & Department of Merchant Shipping Cyprus and UK MCA including STCW
Located at Redcar in North East England, The Faraday Training Group is an international training provider of comprehensive electrical power training, offering students an effective combination of theoretical understanding and practical learning using real life industrial equipment.
The center specializes in the provision of Electrical Safety Training and the courses are continuously developed to meet with changing legislation and requirements expected from engineers worldwide.
The Faraday Centre is a recognized EAL assessment centre, Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) approved centre, IMCA member (International Marine Contractors Association), member of ECA (Electrical Contractors Association), ISO 9001 annd 14001 registered company, a member of RoSPA, British Standards Institution (BSI) and accredited by ASIC (Accreditation Service for International Colleges).
Thomas-Faraday Training (Cyprus) located at Limassol specializes in the provision of Electrical Safety Training. The training programs are provided at the purpose-designed facilities, which are fully equipped with a wide range of operational high/low voltage electrical training equipment. The programs are accredited/certified by EAL, The Department of Merchant Shipping Cyprus & MCA.
Marine / Offshore High Voltage Courses
- High Voltage Training Operational Level (MCA Approved) (1 day): This course in line with the requirements laid down by the STCW (Manila amendments 2010) to operate high voltage systems in accordance with the knowledge, understanding and proficiencies for high voltage installations set out in table A-III/1 (part) of the STCW Convention.
- High Voltage Training Management Level (MCA approved) (5 days): This course is in line with the requirements laid down by the STCW (Manila amendments 2010) for revalidation of Chief Engineer Officer CoC Reg and Second Engineer Officers. III/2 and III/3 (Management Level).
- The Safe Operation of Marine/Offshore High Voltage Power Systems (Limited High Voltage Authorization) (3 days): This course is aimed at candidates who require competency in the safe operation of high voltage power systems. It is suitable for non-electrical/electrical personnel who are required to enter marine/offshore high voltage switchrooms and perform limited switching operations.
- The Safe Operation of Marine ROV Power Systems (1 day): This course aims to provide candidates with the competency necessary to safely access the electrical components of ROV (remotely operated vehicles) including the safety procedures required to ensure that equipment is isolated, proved dead and earthed.
- The Safe Operation of Marine/Offshore High Voltage Power Systems (Full High Voltage Authorization) (5 days): This course provides an understanding of marine/offshore high and low voltage power systems including statutory regulations, safe operation, protection and fault diagnosis on a wide range of power equipment.
- Refresher in the Safe Operation of Marine/Offshore High Voltage Power Systems (Full High Voltage Authorization) (3 days): This training program is designed to refresh the knowledge and skills of the candidates relating to safe practices and legislation applicable to Maritime/Offshore high voltage power systems.
- Principles of the Safe Operation of Marine/Offshore High Voltage Power Systems (5 days): This is an advanced training program that requires previous HV experience and a good foundation of electrical knowledge of high voltage power systems. This course has been developed to meet the requirements of the safe operation of high voltage systems in marine/offshore applications (excluding control systems).
- High Voltage Power Training (STCW A-III/1, A-III/2) (5 days): This course approved by the Cyprus Department of Merchant Shipping in line with the requirements laid down by the STCW 2010 for revalidation of Chief Engineer Officer CoC Reg and Second Engineer Officers.
Other Faraday Training Courses
- Electrical Protection Courses
- High Voltage Courses
- Low Voltage Courses
- Testing Courses
- Training Packages
- Hybrid Electrical Training
- Mechanical Courses
- Online Courses
- HV Cable Termination & Jointing
- Wind Farm HV Cable Termination
- Safe Use of Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Areas
- Arc Flash Appreciation Training
- Appreciation of Generator Principles & Protection Theory
- Principles applied to the Maintenance of Electrical Switchgear
- Customized Courses