MCA Approved High Voltage Training and Offshore HV Power Systems Courses in Stockton-On-Tees and London
Headquartered in Stockton-On-Tees in the North East and in Watford, London, PASS Electrical Training Academy is an accredited training provider of City & Guilds, Logic and EAL training courses in electrical, PAT testing and thermography. With over a decade of experience, PASS Academy helps professionals gain the qualifications they need for domestic electrical work, inspection and testing, 17th edition compliance, solar panel installation and more.
The training courses range from beginner courses for those new to a discipline or advanced courses for those wanting to expand their skill set further. For those in the construction industry and other workplaces we also offer an extensive range of health and safety training including CSCS card training, IOSH and NEBOSH courses and ECITB training.
For marine engineers, electricians or you simply need to enter high voltage rooms and substations, PASS also offers high voltage awareness courses as well as courses specifically aimed at engineers/electricians, allowing you to train to be either an Authorized Person or Senior Authorized Person (SAP) who will be responsible for performing switching operations and issuing safety documents relating to marine high voltage equipment.
PASS training centers are located in UK at following places:
- Gloucester, Gloucestershire
- Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- Maidstone, Kent
- Newcastle, Tyne & Wear
- North London, Watford, & South London
- Northampton, Northamptonshire
- Reading, Berkshire
- Rotherham & Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- St Helens, Merseyside
- Watford & South Mimms, Hertfordshire
Marine & Offshore High Voltage Courses
- Safe Use of Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Areas: This course is designed for operatives working in hazardous environments. It provides a theoretical overview of the hazards associated with installing, operating and maintaining electrical equipment within hazardous areas. The Hazardous Areas course is ideally suited to personnel who work in a position, or are responsible for undertaking work activities within areas which contain hazardous gases, hazardous dust or vapours which could be potentially explosive.
- High Voltage Management Level (MCA approved): The 5 day course which has been fully accredited by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) aims to provide seafarers responsible for the on-board safe control and management of high voltage power systems with the knowledge and training to do so safely and effectively. Our training directly aligns with the requirements outlined in Table A-III/2 STWC, 2010.
- Authorized Marine/Offshore Safe Operation of HV Power Systems (3 day): This training course is designed to give you (subject to client approval) the ability to enter marine/offshore high voltage switch rooms to perform limited switching operations etc. on high voltage equipment. After completion, you will have knowledge of restricted switching operations, be able to monitor the performance and condition of a system (including relay operation) and be able to work in a safe, competent manner. You will also gain knowledge and awareness of limited safety document issuing responsibilities.
- Marine & Offshore Senior Authorized Person Safe Switching of HV Power Systems (City & Guilds Accredited): This training program is designed to bring the knowledge of marine and offshore personnel up to a competency level suitable for Senior Authorized Persons. By completing this program, you will improve your understanding of both high voltage and low voltage power systems, focusing on statutory regulations, safe operation and maintenance on a wide range of marine and offshore power equipment.