IMDG Code 40-20, ITCO Tank Container, CTUPACK, IMSBC Code Online Courses & IMDG Publications and IMO Digital Materials
Established in 1987 and headquartered in Darlington, UK, Exis Technologies is part of the NCB Group (National Cargo Bureau) has been a global leader in IT systems for the management of dangerous goods in sea transport for nearly 35 years. The company support major shipping lines, ferry operators, ports and terminals, logistics operators, freight forwarders, government and regulatory organizations worldwide with their regulatory compliance.
Exis Technologies supply Hazcheck Systems for every link in the sea transport chain and a suite of e-learning courses for IMDG Code, container packing and tank container training. Hazcheck is used by 9 of the top 10 container lines and IMDG Code e-learning is used by 6 of the top 10 lines for their global training programs.
The specialist team combines hazardous materials expertise, quality assurance and project management skills that deliver the most efficient and user-friendly systems available.
Exis and parent company NCB offer a range of e-learning courses for the transport industry supported by industry bodies including TT Club and ICHCA.
IMDG Code 40-20 Online Courses
- Dangerous Goods Transport General Awareness Course: For those who need a familiarization with dangerous goods transport regulations and an awareness of the duties that arise from them.
- IMDG Code Standard Course: IMDG Code Amendment 40-20 online course for general shipping personnel such as booking office staff, administrators, customer support and office personnel who require a sound working knowledge of the IMDG Code and dangerous goods shipping requirements.
- IMDG Code Consignor / Freight Forwarder Course: IMDG Code Amendment 40-20 online course for those with a management, supervisory and/or safety/compliance role for a company involved in dangerous goods consignment operations
- IMDG Code Packer / Cargo Handler Course: IMDG Code Amendment 40-20 online course for those who pack dangerous goods and/or are involved in loading/unloading cargo transport units.
- IMDG Code Ship Loader Course: IMDG Code Amendment 40-20 online course is for those responsible for and/or directly involved in ship loading/unloading operations.
- IMDG Code Ship Operator Course: IMDG Code Amendment 40-20 online course for those responsible for and/or involved with managing the operation of a vessel carrying dangerous goods.
- IMDG Code Advanced Course: The IMDG Code Advanced training course is aimed at senior dangerous goods managers/dangerous goods safety advisers (DGSA’s) who require detailed training on all the main aspects of the IMDG Code provisions.
ITCO Tank Container Online Course
- Tank Container e-learning Course: The course is developed by the International Tank Container Organisation (ITCO) to further enhance the safe, competent and efficient use of tank containers. The contents are maintained within the scope of the IMDG Code, concerning the operation of portable tanks. The lessons allow users to achieve measurable awareness about the operation of portable tanks as prescribed by the IMDG Code and additionally provide steps towards function specific learning. The tank container course is also relevant for those involved in the transport of non-dangerous goods.
CTUPACK Online Course
- Introduction to the CTU Code Course: The Introduction to the CTU Code course provides an introduction to the IMO/ILO/UNECE Code of Practice (CTU Code) for packing of cargo transport units. It includes an overview of the Code’s development and objectives. It also includes a brief overview of the new SOLAS Verified Gross Mass (VGM) regulations.
IMSBC Code Online Course
- IMSBC Code E-Learning Course: The IMSBC training course is based on the 2020 Edition, incorporating Amendment 05-19 of the Code, which entered into force on 1 January 2021 and remains in force until 31 December 2022. A copy of the relevant 2020 IMSBC Code is required to follow and complete the guides. The course should be of interest to ship’s officers, vessel operators, bulk terminal operators, stevedores, ship agents, surveyors and others in the maritime/bulk cargo field
Other IMDG Materials
- IMDG Code E-Reader
- IMDG Code Books
- IMDG Code on the Web
- Hazcheck IMDG For Intranet
- IMDG Code Free Summary of Changes 40-20
- Free IMDG Code Introduction (40-20)
IMO Digital Publications
- IMO Vega Database
- SOLAS on the Web
- SOLAS (Consolidated Edition, 2020) e-reader
- MARPOL on the Web
- IAMSAR Manual
- IMSBC Code 2020 Edition e-reader
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 6, 2021