MCA Approved STCW Maritime and Port Security Training Programs & Superyacht Security Courses for Seafarers Online
Located at Greater Manchester UK, VIRSEC, formerly known as Virtual Training Centre (VTC) specializes in the delivery of regulatory, bespoke and accredited online courses to business to business and business to customer worldwide. VTC is a a Government-level Awarding Body Approved Company, offering a wide range of accredited and bespoke online training to our customers worldwide.
The informative, internationally-recognized online courses have proved highly effective in removing associated travel and accommodation costs as there is no need to attend a test centre.
VTC is a UK DfT Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) Approved Centre and the courses meet with all the required learning outcomes and objectives under the Merchant Navy Training Board's Knowledge, Understanding & Proficiency (KUP) as well as STCW 2010.
Virtual Training Centre also provides CPD-Accredited, Online Test for Seafarers & Deck Officers, and the Online Test of Maritime English for Cruise Ship Staff. Both tests are 100% online and meet with the requirements of the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
MCA Approved Security Courses
- Online STCW ISPS Security Awareness (PSA) Course: For crewmembers who do not possess Designated Security Duties on board ship, the Proficiency in Security Awareness (PSA) Course is a mandatory requirement that provides crew with an understanding of security, why it is important, what Codes, Protocols, Conventions and International Initiatives are in effect.
- Online STCW ISPS Designated Security Duties (PDSD) Course: This fully online and MCA Approved Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD) Course is specifically designed for those crew members, reporting to the Ship Security Officer, who will carry out designated security duties and responsibilities, functioning under the ISPS Code and encountering security-related incidents whilst transiting High-Risk Areas or operating in adverse conditions.
- Online STCW ISPS Designated Security Duties (PDSD) Course for Superyachts: This Designated Security Duties (PDSD) course is specifically designed for those Superyacht crew members, reporting to the Ship Security Officer, who will carry out designated security duties and responsibilities, functioning under the ISPS Code and encountering security-related incidents whilst at sea or berthed in port.
- Online STCW ISPS Ship Security Officer (SSO) Course: This Ship Security Officer (SSO) course is specifically designed for any knowledgeable and able crew member who will carry out the official duties of a Ship Security Officer, functioning under the ISPS Code and meeting with the requirements of Chapter VI of the STCW Convention and STCW Code.
- Online STCW Crisis Management & Human Behavior: This course sets out the responsibilities and competencies of crew members assigned immediate responsibility for the safety of passengers in emergency situations on passenger ships, as mandated in STCW Chapter V, relating to passenger ship crisis management and human behavior.
- Online STCW Crowd Management & Passenger Safety: This online training course is based on the guidelines of IMO Model Course 1.28, and aims to meet the mandatory minimum requirements for the training of masters, officers, ratings and other personnel on passenger ships in STCW Code (2010): Regulation V/2(&3) pa. 4, 5 & 6 and Section A-V/2(&3) pa. 1, 2 & 3.
- Online DfT Compliant Port Security Awareness for Non-Security Personnel: This online course is aimed at anyone, whether staff, contractors or port personnel working in or frequenting a port facility often to provide them with an understanding of the basic security knowledge that they should possess and implement on a day-to-day basis.
- Online Cyber Security Awareness for Seafarers: This course is designed to provide the user, who is at any level in the company or on board ship, with a firm grounding in Maritime Cyber Security issues, and to provide seafarers the basic knowledge and training to enable them to safeguard on board equipment vulnerable to cyber security threats as well as to introduce measures within the shipboard safety management system (SMS) to ensure that vessels are operationally resilient to cyber risks.
- Online Cyber Security Strategy for Vessels: The course examines the Cyber Security threats that exist, both generally and specifically within the maritime environment. The course examines the weaknesses that there may be in ship IT and OT systems, and how they may be exploited - and then goes on to look at the measures that can be taken to mitigate and defend against these types of threats.
- Online Cargo Ship Security Instructions (CSSI) Module 3: This course will provide valuable information and insight into the requirements of Ship Security Officers (SSOs), Company Security Officers (CSOs), Port Facility Security Officers (PFSOs) and other personnel concerned with the security and safety of cargo vessels.
Other Training Programs
- Risk Mitigation & Antiterrorism
- Personal Security
- First Aid Training
LAST UPDATED ON Dec 2, 2020