Logistics & Operations Management & Marine Technology Education and Training Programs at WKCTC ILMI Paducah, Kentucky
Founded in 1932, West Kentucky Community and Technical College (WKCTC) is a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS ) and is a public, two-year, degree-granting institution located in Paducah. WKCTC is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees.
West Kentucky Community and Technical College is recognized as one of the top ten community colleges nationally in the prestigious and bi-annual Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence. With an over 8500 students, WKCTC offers more than 250 associate degree, diploma and certificate options in 48 academic and career programs.
WKCTC Inland Logistics and Marine Institute (ILMI) in Paducah provides training and education for the logistics and marine industries. Students can earn an Associate in Applied Science degree in Logistics and Operations Management or Marine Technology completely online.
- Associate of Applied Science in Logistics and Operations Management: The curriculum for the Logistics and Operations Management program is taught primarily online with flexible components to accommodate the busy schedules of the students. Upon completing LOM100 the student will sit for the Certified Logistics Associate (CLA) and the mid-level Certified Logistics Technician (CLT) certification regulated by the Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC). Further WKCTC and the Bauernfeind College of Business at Murray State University offer a structured pathway to completing a Bachelor of Science in Business degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- Certificate in International Logistics: This is a 15 credit program.
- Certificate in Logistics Management: This is a 15-18 credit program.
- Certificate in Logistics Technology: This is a 12-15 credit program.
- Certificate in Supply Chain Management: This is an 18 credit program.
Marine Technology Programs
- Associate Degree in Applied Technology in Marine Technology: The Marine Technology program gives the professional mariner the opportunity to rise above the crowd and establish themselves as a leader in the Industry as well as improve their opportunities to advance professionally. The curriculum for the Marine Technology program is taught online with flexible schedules to accommodate the ever changing schedules of the mariner. The Marine Technology program is one of the reasons that West Kentucky Community and Technical College has been named one of the top ten community colleges of the nation by the Aspen Institute.
- AAT in Marine Technology - Marine Culinary Management or Marine Engineering or Marine Logistics Operations or Wheelhouse Management Tracks: These programs are 61-64 credit programs.
- Certificate in Marine Culinary: This is a 16-19 credit program.
- Certificate in Marine Engineering: This is a 22 credit program.
- Certificate in Marine Industry: This is an 18-21 credit program.
- Certificate in Marine Technology Business: This is an 18-21 credit program.
Workforce Solutions - Marine Training
- Electronic Charting Software Training Course: This course will train individuals in the use of the Rose Point Navigation Systems Electronic Charting and Navigation software (ECS) as well as demonstrating how an ECS works in relationship to other navigational equipment such as Global Positioning Systems (GPS), Automated Information Systems (AIS) and Radar.
- Marine Firefighting - 40 Hour Course, Coast Guard Approved: This course will train Mariners in Marine Fire Fighting utilizing state of the art equipment and simulators. Factors such as fire causes, associated dangers, welding, smoking, poor housekeeping, and faulty equipment will be covered.
- Marine Firefighting - U.S. Coast Guard Approved 8 Hour Basic Refresher Training and Advanced Revalidation Training: This 8-hour course is designed to provide refresher training to mariners in marine fire fighting utilizing state of the art equipment and simulators.
- Marine Firefighting 16 Hour - U.S. Coast Guard Approved: This course will train Mariners in Marine Fire Fighting utilizing state of the art equipment and simulators. The course will satisfy U.S. Coast Guard regulations for Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting training requirements of Section A-VI/1 of the STCW Code and 46 CFR 11.302(a)(2) and 46 CFR 12.602(a)(2).
- Marine Shipyard Competent Safety Training Course: The course is an eight hour training course that will cover the qualifications for certification as a Confined Space Shipyard Competent Person (SCP). Students will develop an understanding of confined space entry as it relates to science, safety, and measurement and be certified as a Shipyard Competent Person under OSHA regulatory standards.
- OSHA 10-HOUR General Industry - Marine: This 10-hour course is designed for general industry maritime workers. Training covers a variety of safety and health topics a worker may encounter. Course creates a broad awareness of recognizing and preventing hazards on a marine site.
- Tankerman PIC Dangerous Liquids (U.S. Coast Guard approved INLLMI-878) Barge Course: Any applicant who has successfully completed this Tank Barge Dangerous Liquids (On Line) (INLLMl-878) course will satisfy the training requirements of 46 CFR 13.30l(c)(4) for an endorsement as Tankerman-PIC (Barge) DL; AND satisfy the training requirements of 46 CFR 13.120(a)(2) for renewal of a merchant mariner credential endorsed as Tankerman PIC (Barge) Dangerous Liquids.
LAST UPDATED ON Aug 15, 2018