Skipper, Maneuvering Under Power, Bareboat Charter, Coastal Navigation, and Anchoring a Sailboat (Bareboat Master Rank Certification) Online Programs
When you charter a boat for vacation from an owner or a charter company, the act is called bareboating or bareboat chartering. In bareboating, the person who rents the boat is responsible for the vessel and must have the skills and abilities to maneuver and handle the vessel. Most of the bareboats are of above 30 ft in size and up to 60 ft.
A bareboat master must have a certification from an approved organization along with sailing experience, depending on the place and the company. Most of these companies demand a sailing resume which details the master’s and sometimes the first mate's certifications, sailing experience including the vessels they handled which shows that you are capable of sailing a boat in a seaworthy manner and navigating through the cruising area.
The Bareboat Charter Master Rank of NauticEd International Sailing School consists of 6 bundled courses - Skipper, Maneuvering Under Power, Bareboat Charter, Coastal Navigation, and Anchoring a Sailboat. When you complete these courses and log a minimum of 50 days sailing in the free NauticEd online sailing logbook (Sailing Resume), you'll be awarded the Bareboat Charter Master Rank Level III Sailing Certification.
After you complete the certification online you may practice and sail on water through a NauticEd approved sailing school nationally and internationally. The training schools and located across the continents. Sailing and Charter companies around the world recognize NauticEd certifications. This Bareboat Charter Master bundle of courses is a requirement to gain an SLC. For the RYA Day Skipper certificate, you must do the RYA' Day Skipper online theory course as well as complete a 5-day practical training at an RYA' training facility. For ICC theory knowledge, you can do either NauticEd Bareboat Charter Master bundle or the RYA' online Day skipper course as an aid for the theory part of the assessment.
Bareboat Master Rank
Online Bareboat Master Courses
- Skipper Course (20 hours): A comprehensive sailing lesson for beginner to intermediate sailors on keelboats 26 ft (8m) and above. If you're wanting to learn to sail or improve your sailing skills then the Skipper Course is right for you.
- Maneuvering Under Power Clinic (3 hours): An absolutely essential maneuvering and docking course that will save you thousands in - dents, bumps, and scratches at the marina.
- Bareboat Charter Clinic (5 hours): This is the Bareboat Charter course for you and all of your crew. Make your charter sailing trip more enjoyable by getting the bareboat charter tips you'll need.
- Coastal Navigation Clinic (10 hours): Learn to navigate your sailboat. If you plan on sailing offshore or are taking a sailing vacation, you need this course.
- Anchoring A Sailboat Clinic (4 hours): Whether you are sailing your own vessel in coastal waters or chartering in the Caribbean or beyond, knowing how to safely and effectively anchor is one of the most essential and liberating skills you can have.
- Electronic Navigation Course (5 hours): Don't look like a clutz when randomly pushing buttons on your GPS and other electronic navigation devices. Get the simple inside scoop on how to make the best and proper use of these and understand the vast amount of useful information they present.
Free NauticEd Courses
- Free Courses: Basic Sail Trim & Rules of Prevention of Collision at Sea along with a Sailor’s Log Book.
You may join the Bareboat Master Rank courses or try NauticEd free online sailing courses wihtout any obligations.