Skipper, Maneuvering Under Power, Bareboat Charter, Coastal Navigation, Sail Trim, Storm Tactics, Weather, Safety at Sea, Anchoring a Sailboat, and Electronic Navigation Online Courses
NauticEd Captain Rank is for those who would like to venture offshore beyond nautical 20 miles. The Captain Rank of NauticEd International Sailing School consists of 10 bundled courses - Skipper, Maneuvering Under Power, Bareboat Charter, Coastal Navigation, Sail Trim, Storm Tactics, Weather, Safety at Sea, Anchoring a Sailboat, and Electronic Navigation. When you complete these courses and log a minimum of 50 days sailing in the free NauticEd online sailing logbook (Sailing Resume), you'll be awarded the NauticEd Captain Level III Rank Sailing Certification.
After you complete the certification online you may practice and sail on water through a NauticEd approved sailing school nationally and internationally. The training schools and located across the continents. Sailing and Charter companies around the world recognize NauticEd certifications.
Captain Rank Level III means that the student has more than 50 days sailing on the water experience and completed at least 65 hours of bareboat chartering theory study coursework including navigation. Thus, students who have attained Captain Rank will always meet a charter company’s own resume requirements. Additionally, the resume produced by the NauticEd software will show relevant vessel size experience.
NauticEd is a United States Coast Guard Recognized Sailing Training Company
NauticEd Captain Rank
Online Captain Rank Courses
- Skipper Course (20 hours): A comprehensive sailing lesson for beginner to intermediate sailors on keelboats 26 ft (8m) and above. If you're wanting to learn to sail or improve your sailing skills then the Skipper Course is right for you.
- Maneuvering Under Power Clinic (3 hours): An absolutely essential maneuvering and docking course that will save you thousands in - dents, bumps, and scratches at the marina.
- Bareboat Charter Clinic (5 hours): This is the Bareboat Charter course for you and all of your crew. Make your charter sailing trip more enjoyable by getting the bareboat charter tips you'll need.
- Coastal Navigation Clinic (10 hours): Learn to navigate your sailboat. If you plan on sailing offshore or are taking a sailing vacation, you need this course.
- Sail Trim Clinic (4 hours): Learn the true art and finesse of trimming the sails. When to adjust the fairleads, the traveler, the downhaul, the outhaul, the Cunningham, and the boom vang.
- Storm Tactics Clinic (4 hours): Even when day sailing, a storm can be upon us in minutes. This storm tactics course will teach the essentials to keep you and your crew alive.
- Weather Clinic (7 hours): You'll gain an understanding on how to read a weather map, understand why the trade winds work in the directions that they do and fully understand the aloof "Coriolis" force and how it makes the gas we live in spin in one direction in the northern hemisphere and the other in the southern.
- Safety At Sea Clinic (14 hours): This is a required sailing lesson to gain the NauticEd Captain Rank along with a minimum of 50 days of logged sailing experience. Safety at Sea Clinic addresses the protocols that have proven effective for crews around the world.
- Anchoring A Sailboat Clinic (4 hours): Whether you are sailing your own vessel in coastal waters or chartering in the Caribbean or beyond, knowing how to safely and effectively anchor is one of the most essential and liberating skills you can have.
- Electronic Navigation Course (5 hours): If you're going bareboat chartering, doing local or long distance cruising or any type of yacht racing, you should invest your time in this free Electronic Navigation course. Get the simple inside scoop on how to make the best and proper use of these and understand the vast amount of useful information they present.
Free NauticEd Courses
- Free Courses: Basic Sail Trim & Rules of Prevention of Collision at Sea along with a Sailor’s Log Book.
You may join the NauticEd Captain Rank courses or try NauticEd free online sailing courses wihtout any obligations.