OPITO Further Onshore Emergency Response (FOER) Refresher Training Programs for Personnel in the Onshore Oil and Gas Industry
The Further Onshore Emergency Response (FOER) Training program must be undertaken by individuals who have a valid OPITO Basic Onshore Emergency Response or Further Onshore Emergency Response certificate. The Target group for this course is personnel that are required to revalidate their OPITO BOER or FOER certification.
This training is open to persons who have previously undertaken the OPITO approved Basic Onshore Emergency Response or Further Onshore Emergency Response course, and are still within the validity period as determined within that training standard.
The aim of this training is to provide delegates with the opportunity to practice and demonstrate emergency response skills which are not possible to practice during drills, exercises and emergency training exercises that are carried out in onshore oil and gas operations.
The objectives of this training are that delegates will be able to - demonstrate, in a simulated environment, the emergency response actions during an onshore emergency; demonstrate that they can effectively use basic firefighting equipment, and practice self-rescue techniques in low visibility situations; and demonstrate that they can perform basic first aid.
The objectives of this training are that delegates will be able to - Identify the hazards which are specific to the onshore oil and gas industry that can lead to cause or increase the likelihood of fire; demonstrate, in a simulated environment, the emergency response actions during an onshore emergency; Demonstrate that they can effectively use basic firefighting equipment, and practice self-rescue techniques in low visibility situations; and demonstrate first aid techniques.
- Duration: Approx. 6 hours
- Validity: 4 years
- Medical Requirement: Offshore medical certificate or medical certificate from the company
- Pre-requisites: Basic Onshore Emergency Response (BOER) or Further Onshore Emergency Response (FOER)
OPITO FOER Training
Emergency Response Actions
- Mustering procedures upon hearing a site alarm
Further Firefighting and Self-Rescue Techniques
- Raising the alarm on discovery of a fire
- Use of appropriate hand-held portable fire extinguishers
- Self-rescue techniques with no respiratory protection from areas where visibility is reduced due to smoke
- Self-rescue techniques with a smoke hood from areas where visibility is reduced due to smoke
- Small group escape techniques with an escape set (hood) from areas where visibility is completely obscured due to smoke
Emergency First Aid
- Raising the alarm
- Immediate first aid actions including Airway Breathing & CPR
Disclaimer: For general information purpose only - please check with OPITO for the latest and accurate information on training standards
Last Updated: March 17, 2021