Summer Internships; Co-op Programs; Apprentice Programs; and Career Opportunities for Experienced Professionals in the Shipbuilding Industry
BAE Systems Ship Repair is America's leading provider of non-nuclear ship repair, modernization, conversion, and overhaul for government and commercial customers and Capable of handling any size job. BAE Systems Ship Repair has a full-service set of facilities on the east and west coast and Hawaii. BAE Systems is a global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees worldwide.
The Company delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and support services. BAE Systems Ship Repair Locations include - Hawaii Shipyards; Norfolk Ship Repair; San Diego Ship Repair; San Francisco Ship Repair; Southeast Shipyards Jacksonville; Southeast Shipyards Mobile; and Millennium Industrial and Marine Solutions.
Working at BAE Systems is a great opportunity to advance your career - You will join, and learn from, some of the best minds in the world; You will have many opportunities to improve your skills and advance your career; You will find a company that cares for your well being through excellent benefits, flexibility, and a variety of social and community activities; and You will have opportunities to work on projects and cutting edge technologies that are only available in a classified environment.
BAE SYSTEMS Career Opportunities
BAE Systems Norfolk Ship Repair Apprentice Program (4 years): The BAE Systems’ Apprentice Program is a formal relationship between each apprentice and BAE Systems. Through a teaming relationship with Tidewater Community College, The Company provides the apprentices with instruction, training and practice in a specific trade. Apprentices are employed while they learn and paid according to a well-defined rate schedule. During enrollment in the Apprentice Program, candidates work the first shift (7:15 am to 4:00 pm) in order to allow for attendance of classes in the evening. Academic classes are scheduled outside of normal working hours. Following trades are available at BAE Systems Shipyards:
- Marine Carpenter
- Inside Machinist
- Outside Machinist
College Students & Graduates
As one of the country's major employers of college-level candidates, BAE Systems regularly visits campuses from coast to coast. The opportunities available for students and graduates are:
- Summer employment for undergraduates
- Full-time careers for graduates and post-graduates
As a skilled and experienced professional, you will have the opportunity to maximize your talents and creativity, choosing from roles throughout all facets of technology development and the project lifecycle; from initial concept to final delivery, implementation and ongoing support. Some of the typical careers at BAE Systems are:
- Ship Maintenance, Modernization and Construction: As one of the skilled tradespersons, you will overhaul, maintain, modernize and build US Navy surface ships and commercial vessels across the seven shipyards from the Atlantic Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico and the Pacific.
- Maritime Engineers: Support the design, review and implementation of ship repair, modernization and construction engineering solutions.
- Electrical and Electronic Engineers: Make decisions about electronic product content, optimize hardware and software design concepts as well as develop sophisticated design processes through to the testing of complex intelligent products.
- Research Scientists/Engineers: These roles undertake research aimed at acquiring technology and winning business. It’s an opportunity to produce outputs and results that demonstrate original thought, all in a business where thoughts and ideas come alive.
- Procurement: Procurement professionals are involved in the acquisition of everything from bottled water to whole companies. You will have a role in the acquisition of goods and services to meet the needs of the business in terms of quality and quantity, time and location.
- Project Management: This role reaches across every business in the organization. Whether involving groundbreaking projects, innovative proposal efforts, or long running core contracts, outstanding project management skills are vital.