RYA Approved and Other Narrownoat Training Programs at OverWater Marina near Audlem in Cheshire
Based at OverWater Marina near Audlem in Cheshire, Cheshire Cat Narrowboat Training is an RYA recognized training establishment and offers Inland Waterways courses by experienced instructors. They offer the Inland Waterways Helmsman course over either one or two days.
OverWater is a Cheshire Marina set in the beautiful South Cheshire countryside, close to the vibrant village of Audlem, offering moorings on the Shropshire Union Canal.
OverWater Marina is on the Shropshire Union Canal, next to Bridge 80 and just an 8 minute cruise from the bottom of the Audlem flight. The marina is surrounded by beautiful Cheshire farmland next to the River Weaver valley.
The busy canal village of Audlem is a relaxing 20 minute towpath walk away. We offer a range of Cheshire moorings on the Shropshire Union Canal.
- Cheshire Cat Narrowboat Experience Course (1 day): This course is for: complete beginners, novices or those wishing to gain more confidence, brush up on their boating skills, or as a taster day prior to taking the RYA Certificate course, or going on a narrowboat holiday.
- Cheshire Cat Life Afloat Experience Course (2 days): This course is for complete beginners and novices, particularly if you are thinking of buying a boat, a share in a boat, or for those wishing to learn narrowboating skills at a more leisurely pace.
- RYA Inland Waterways Helmsman Course (2 days): This course is for novices or those with little boating experience who need the formal RYA Certification for their work, volunteering role, or insurance requirement.
- RYA Inland Waterways Helmsman Assessment (1 day): his course is for experienced boaters who need the formal RYA Certification for their work, volunteering role, or insurance requirement.
Own Boat Programs
- Own Boat Experience Course (1 or 2 days): This course is for anyone who wants to do any of the above course on their own boat.
- Own Boat Diesel Engine Maintenance Course (0.5 day): This course is for boat a owner who wants to learn how to carry out his/her own basic servicing.