Risk & Safety Management Courses and Programs in Maritime, Renewables and Oil & Gas Worldwide
With its principal office in Warrington UK, Risktec is an independent and specialist provider of risk management consulting, resourcing, learning and inspection services, and is part of the TÜV Rheinland Group. Risktec was formed in 2001 with the specific aim of helping clients to manage health, safety, security, environmental and business risk.
The company has offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East, South East Asia and North America. In 2014, Risktec was acquired by TÜV Rheinland, a global leader in independent technical services.
Risktec’s courses can all be delivered as face-to-face, distance or blended learning for client organizations. Course content can be adapted to meet client-specific requirements, and assessment can be used to demonstrate student achievement. Individual students can study online for the Postgraduate programs and TÜV Rheinland Risktec CPDs.
Maritime courses include certification via accredited courses in PFSO, US MARAD compliant CVSSA, or understanding of the principles of risk management to maritime operations. Renewables courses include risk assessment tools and concepts relevant to the offshore wind industry. Apart from it, they offer Oil, gas and chemical industries.
- MSc in Risk & Safety Management - Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) (online, 3 years): The postgraduate program has been designed to meet the growing need for industry-related courses and qualifications in risk and safety management. The courses are delivered by teachers with industrial experience and aim to develop the practical skills and knowledge of students. The modules are kept current through Risktec’s processes for monitoring research programs, new developments, legislation and standards, as well as experiences from across our worldwide consulting activities.
- Also available: Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip, 2 years) & Postgraduate certificate (PgCert, 1 year) in Risk & Safety Management. The PgDip requires participants to have gained 120 credits & the PgCert requires participants to gain 60 credits from 6 modules.
- Program Delivery: The program is delivered by distance learning via theonline learning environment, Risktec Online
- Management of Disruptive Passengers - Primary Responder (4 days) & Support Team Training (4 hour sessions): The purpose of the course is to equip personnel, both male and female, who may be required to deal with disruptive passengers to manage any such incident safely, with due regard to customer care and the relevant law and with the minimum of disturbance to other passengers.
- Maritime Risk Management (2 days): The aim of the course is to introduce the concept of risk management and its application to maritime operations. The requirements of maritime laws, regulations and guidelines are covered, as well as approaches to identifying, assessing and managing the specific risks associated with maritime operations.
- UK DfT Accredited Port Facility Security Officer Course (3 days): The purpose of the course is to equip personnel who are appointed as Port Facility Security Officers to undertake their role in accordance with the ISPS code and to achieve qualification for Maritime and Transport Security (MTS) Division compliance.
- US MARAD compliant CVSSA Crime Prevention, Detection, Evidence Preservation and Reporting Course (2 days): The purpose of the course is to equip personnel who may be required to respond to a ‘reportable’ crime aboard ship, to do so in accordance with the CVSSA 2010. Personnel who receive accredited training through this course will ensure a vessel’s compliance with USCG directive, under the Act.
- Offshore Wind Farm Safety Assurance (2 days): The aim of this course is to introduce the concept of HSE risk management within the offshore wind industry, providing participants with a level of understanding of risk management principles commensurate with the magnitude of risks associated with this industry. It introduces practical tools and techniques to ensure offshore wind projects are conceived and executed safely and uses lessons learned from other more mature industries to establish an outline framework for a robust safety justification for an offshore wind farm.
Oil & Gas Courses
- Engineered Risk Control Systems (Oil & Gas)
- Oil & Gas & Process Industry QRA
- Oil & Gas & Process Industry Risk Studies
- Oil & Gas Lifecycle Hazards & Risks
- Physical Effects Modelling
- Process Hazard & Risk Analysis (PH&RA)
- Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
- Process Safety Management in Design & Operations
- Bowtie Risk Management
- Common Safety Method 2
- Culture, Behaviour & Competency
- Emergency Response & Crisis Management
- Engineered Risk Control Systems (Oil & Gas)
- Fault Tree & Event Tree Analysis
- Functional Safety of Safety-Related Systems
- Hazard Identification
- HAZOP Study
- HSE Management Systems
- Human Factors in Design & Operations
- Incident Investigation & Analysis
- Oil & Gas and Process Industry QRA 1
- Oil & Gas and Process Industry Risk Studies 1
- Physical Effects Modeling 1
- Principles of Risk Management
- Rail Industry Hazards & Risks 2
- Rail Safety Analysis 2
- Reliability, Availability & Maintainability Analysis
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Reduction & ALARP
- Safety/HSE Cases
- Workplace Safety
- TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Training Program
- Game Based Learning
- IET Academy Risk and Safety Management course
- Degree Apprenticeship in Risk and Safety Management
- Training in the management of capacity building and maintenance programs