Merchant Navy Cadetships, MCA-approved HELM O and HELM M, Dynamic Positioning and other Simulation Training in Immingham, UK
Humber Maritime College (HMC) is based on the River Humber in North East Lincolnshire delivers maritime education and training through the nautical college. Humber offers a range of accredited and non-accredited maritime courses such as Merchant Navy Cadetships, MCA-approved HELM O and HELM M, Dynamic Positioning and a variety of bespoke simulation training.
Humber Maritime College offers courses for those at different stages in their career, from those who are aged 17 looking to start a career in this sector to experienced candidates.
At Humber Maritime College, they have a range of marine, ports and offshore simulators such as Kongsberg K-Sim Marine Class A Offshore Vessel, Class B Ship Bridge, Navigation and Engine and Control Room.
The state-of-the-art simulators are used throughout the courses to provide tailored training to meet individual requirements. Simulator-based training allows individuals to practice real life scenarios to improve their skills and performance in a safe environment.
- Deck (Navigation) Officer Program: The program is made up of a number of phases, split between training at sea with a shipping company and onshore at Humber Maritime College. The first phase will be based at college and will prepare cadets for their first trip to sea, providing the basic skills to work on board and contribute as a trainee Deck Officer. Cadets will also complete basic courses in firefighting, first aid and personal survival.
- Phase 1: Foundation Phase (18 weeks)
- Phase 2: First Sea Phase (34 weeks)
- Phase 3: Training And Development (24 weeks)
- Phase 4: Second Sea Phase (55 weeks)
- Phase 5: Continuation of Academic Program, Additional Short Course, Exam and Oral Preparation - 10 weeks for Higher National Certificates (HNC) or 26 weeks for Higher National Diploma (HND).
- Engineering Officer Program: Humber Maritime College offers the marine Engineering Officer HNC/HND program, which normally takes cadets two-and-a-half to three years to complete depending on which route is taken. This program is made up of a number of phases, split between training at sea with a shipping company and onshore at Humber Maritime College. Cadets will begin with a foundation phase, which is followed by the Higher National Certificate (HNC), and then have the option to top-up to the Higher National Diploma (HND). Cadets will also undertake the mandatory STCW courses and study a Level 2 course in workshop skills..
- Phase 1: Foundation Phase (26 weeks)
- Phase 2: First Sea Phase (26 weeks)
- Phase 3: Training And Development (26 weeks)
- Phase 4: Second Sea Phase (38 weeks)
- Phase 5: Continuation of Academic Program, Additional Short Course, Exam and Oral Preparation - 14 weeks for Higher National Certificates (HNC) or 36 weeks for Higher National Diploma (HND).
Maritime Training Courses
- ECDIS (IMO Model 1.27) Training (5 days)
- MCA Approved HELM O (3 days)
- MCA Approved HELM M (5 days)
- Marine Coordinators (5 days)
- Engine Room Resource Management (5 days)
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Basic Training (5 days)
- Dynamic Positioning Appreciation (2 days)
- Dynamic Positioning Awareness (4 days)
- Human Element and ECDIS Familiarization (1 day)
- K-Pos Familiarization (2.5 days)
- Ship Handling: Azimuthing Thrusters (2 days)
- Leadership and Management (3 days)
Other Training programs
- Simulator Based Training: The simulator training is tailored to meet individual requirements so it is unique to the business and/or delegate on the course.
LAST UPDATED ON Nov 29, 2020