Logistics and Supply Chain Management Education in Coventry, UK
Coventry University is relatively a new, a forward-looking, modern and innovative university with a growing reputation for high quality education. The university has a proud tradition of focus on applied research. Coventry University was Highly Commended in the Entrepreneurial University of the Year category at the Times Higher Awards 2008.
Independent surveys show that Coventry University provides a caring and supportive environment, enriched by a unique blend of academic expertise and practical experience.
Through the links with leading edge businesses and organizations in the public and voluntary sectors, Coventry students are able to access project and placement opportunities that enhance their employability on graduation.
The Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing at Coventry University is a large applied scientific and technological center for learning and research. Activities range from mathematics to civil engineering and building, computer science to mechanical engineering, engineering and knowledge management to aerospace, to name a few. The Faculty is very focused on the application of science and technology to the real world, from sought after graduates to applied research, making real impact with the business partners.
- MSc Supply Chain Management and Logistics (1 year full-time, 3 years part-time): Developed in collaboration with industry partners, this program addresses the growing demand for highly trained individuals by seeking to develop professionals with up-to-date knowledge, skills and capabilities in the key areas of strategic supply chain management, logistics, sourcing, procurement, contracts, ecommerce, forecasting and environmental management. This course uniquely embeds professional enhancements and recognition which will place you on a strong pathway to Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Chartered Manager status.
- MSc Global Logistics (Online, 1-5 years): Using in-depth case studies, the course aims to demonstrate the importance of logistics within a range of industries and invites students to explore management options across multiple sectors, including manufacturing, shipping, retail, transportation and distribution. This course includes the Professional Development module. Each of the participating postgraduate courses have an individually tailored version of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Professional Development module.
- Masters Entry Requirements: You should have a first or second class honours degree in appropriate discipline. However entry qualifications are flexible and applications are welcomed for mature candidates and those with industrial experience. Minimum English language standard of IELTS 6.5 or IELTS 6.0 with five week pre-sessional English course.
Coventry University Features
Coventry University combines a broad base of academic excellence and expertise with a focus on applied research - innovation, knowledge transfer and service provision. This established research culture underpins teaching and a range of exciting opportunities for students taking higher degrees. It also enhances external community interaction and the status as a successful, business-facing university. Coventry University received the highest rating of world-leading in seven different units. The University will continue to build on this success in collaboration with students, businesses, external funders and all those in the wider community interested in achieving outstanding research results.
- Campus: The University occupies a purpose-built 33-acre campus in the heart of Coventry city center. The campus buildings and environment are constantly being developed and enhanced. The distinctive turreted building on campus is our £16m Library, which has over 1,200 study areas, 450 computer workstations and a wealth of learning materials and information services.
- Accreditation: Coventry University is a public university and UK Border Agency (UKBA) highly trusted student sponsor.
- Awards and Recognition: The 2008 Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) reviewed the quality of research in all UK universities. Research units are judged on the basis of the quality of their research. Coventry showed a marked improvement in its results from the RAE 2001. Coventry University's Department of Industrial Design has won the Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher & Further Education for its work in automotive design.
- Careers & Employability Service: Coventry University is very focussed on the employability of its students and has a range of initiatives which will prepare you for graduate employment. Many staff across the University are involved in supporting you to develop the skills and experience that will help you to get a good job on graduation.
- Placements and Work Experience: The placement officers in your school/faculty and in the Careers and Employability Service are a good place to start. Visiting graduate and work placement fairs at the NEC in year 1 and 2 can also give you lots of the information and contacts that you will need. In addition, the University’s International Experience and Mobility Scheme runs European work placement schemes called Erasmus and Leonardo Da Vinci which are available for a full placement year or for 6 months if you are a graduate.
- Housing: There is a wide variety of student accommodation in Coventry with choice of University owned and managed halls and houses, private halls, houses and flats. The university offers a range of accommodation to both undergraduate and postgraduate students, which is safe, centrally located and maintained to a high standard.