Logistic, Supply Chain Management, Transport & Operations Management Education in Birmingham
Founded in 1895 and a University since 1966, Aston University is a long established research-led University known for its world-class teaching quality and strong links to industry, government and commerce. Aston University is based in the center of Birmingham, home to over 65,000 students and one of Europe’s liveliest and most welcoming cities. The 40 acre campus houses all the University's academic, social and accommodation facilities for 9,500 students of the university.
Aston is ranked 13th out of 113 UK Universities by the 2010 Complete University Guide, and 19th in the Guardian rankings 2010, confirming the place amongst the elite of UK Universities. Aston also has an outstanding reputation for helping the graduates secure good jobs, with 82% finding graduate level employment within six months of graduation, compared to a national average of less than 70% (2007 and 2008 graduates).
Aston Business School (ABS) is renowned for the quality of its teaching, research and its supportive environment. The main postgraduate rankings exercises in which ABS participates are the Financial Times (FT) Masters in Management, Financial Times (FT) Global Full-Time MBA and The Economist Which MBA Ranking. The school provides students with an inspirational educational experience offering them rapid career progression in international business. Aston is among just 1% of business schools worldwide with triple accreditation from AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS. Most of the Logistics & Supply Chain Management programs are accredited by CILT(UK) and/or CIPS.
Bachelors Degree Programs
- BSc Logistics with Supply Chain Management (3 years or 4 years with placement): The Logistics with Supply Chain Management course at Aston is linked to the NOVUS Trust group of companies, which gives applicants the opportunity to be considered for membership of the NOVUS scheme. This offers professional mentoring, summer work experience, a guaranteed third year, paid placement and (on achieving at least a 2:1) graduate employment. Accredited by the chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT).
- BSc Transport Management (4 years with placement): You’ll gain the knowledge, skills and experience you need to work on some of the biggest transport infrastructure projects around. Whether you want to be part of the transformational HS2 project or are thinking about using your skills to work on some of the biggest sustainability challenges we face, you’ll be well equipped by the time you graduate. The skills you will gain are in high demand and, as a graduate, you will be able to work on developing and building transport solutions that are more efficient, more sustainable and future-proof.
Masters Degree Programs
- MSc Supply Chain Management (12 months full time): You’ll gain in-depth knowledge and understanding of the theoretical and applied perspectives of supply chain management and logistics. The program has a particular focus on the effective deployment of advanced technology in environmentally sustainable and globally connected supply chains. You'll also have the opportunity to develop your areas of interest through a range of specialist modules and completion of a major project. Professionally recognized and accredited by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) and the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
- MSc Supply Chain Leadership & Management (2.5 years, part time): You’ll study a number of core modules to enable you to gain an understanding of strategy and how it’s applied to business every day. You’ll also have the opportunity to take optional modules, enabling you to tailor your studies to your interests as well as completing a major project on a subject of your choice. The course is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).
- Maintenance loan (UK Students)
- Maintenance grant (UK Students)
- Aston Graduate Discount
- If you achieve AAB or above in your A Levels (or equivalent), you are eligible for the Aston Excellence Scholarship worth £4,000 over a typical Aston University degree.
- International applicants to Aston may be eligible for scholarships determined by their nationality or country they live in, including many scholarships of between £2,500 and £5,000.