Logistics & Supply Chain Management Education in Birmingham
With over 25,000 students, Birmingham City University (BCU) is one of the major universities in the UK. Situated in Birmingham, the UK’s second city and informal capital of the West Midlands, It has a long history of close interaction with this vibrant region. The university has a distinctive focus on education and research for professional and creative practice and on collaboration with business, industry and the public services.
BCU is ranked 63 in the Guardian 2010 League Table with three subjects ranked in the top 20 in the UK. Also the fourth highest new university, ranked 76 in the Times Good University Guide 2010. The university is ranked 59 in the Independent Complete University Guide 2010.
The postgraduate provision provides a wide range of opportunities for management and professional development for early and mid-career professionals. Many of the university staff have professional qualifications and bring professionally relevant experience to bear on their teaching practice.
School of Engineering and Built Environment is located across university’s two campuses - City North Campus and City Centre Campus. Through a vast choice of accredited courses supported by more than 300 staff, plus vigorous research activities, the daprtment has gained a reputation as the West Midlands' chief hub of knowledge, technology and skills-transfer into industry. The department schools have been recognized as leaders of education in many of the national surveys and education league tables.
Undergraduate Degree Programs
- BA (Hons) Business Management (Supply Chain Management) (3 years full time, 4 years with placement): You will gain a professional focus and real world experience of management, ensuring you are equipped to make an immediate impact in the business world. You have the opportunity to embark on a year-long professional placement as part of your degree course. This degree course is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). This means that the course is as professionally relevant and up-to-date as possible, taking into account the very latest developments in the profession. Industry placements have helped our students to secure placements at IBM, Panasonic and KPMG, while, upon graduating, they’ve progressed into roles with companies such as BMW, Sainsbury’s and Xerox.
Masters Degree Programs
- MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management (1 year, full time): This supply chain management course addresses the main operations aspects of both product- based and service industries. It is concerned with the initial design process, sourcing materials for the long-term satisfaction of the customer. This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport.
- MSc International Logistics and Supply Chain Management (2 years, online): MSc International Logistics and Supply Chain Management degree covers complex production flows, production processes, distribution and materials management, channels of supply, procurement strategies and logistics systems management in the UK and international logistics sectors. This degree is accredited by the internationally respected Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT).
- MSc Entry Requirements: At least a Second Class Hons degree and also consider your application without standard entry qualifications if you can provide evidence of the necessary knowledge and skills to successfully complete the course.
- BCU Masters Scholarships
- BCU Academic Excellence Scholarships
- BCU Loyalty Scholarships
- Career Development Loans
- Trusts and charities
- Disabled Students Allowance
- Plus more..