Online Maritime Training Programs in Compliance with IMO, STCW, DNV SeaSkills, SAM and Maritime Administrations - Shipgaz is now Seably - Check it out
Established in 2008 and headquartered in Gothenburg Sweden, Shipgaz Training is an online maritime training provider for maritime professionals from over 120 affiliated shipping companies. Shipgaz is more of an online based learning management system with tailor made training tools and is the only maritime online training provider with DNV Standard of Certification for Maritime Training Centers.
Shipgaz has approvals by DNV SeaSkills and several maritime administrations including Swedish Transport Agency which establishes its ability to deliver high quality, consistent services according to a well-recognized standard. The certification would be issued immediately after exam and emailed to the user which is very useful for ship-going professionals.
Online Training Programs
Shipgaz is now Seably - Check it out
Maritime Training Programs
- Baltice - Ice Navigation (Operation & Safety, Navigation, Introduction) - 1 hour: The overall objective of BIM is to ensure a well functioning, year-round maritime transport system in the Baltic Sea through enhancing the strategic and operational cooperation between the Baltic Sea countries in the area of winter navigation assistance. Course developed by Baltice.org
- Better Work Environment at Sea (Operation & Safety) - 2 hours: This course is for ships under the Swedish flag, but the rules apply to all onboard, whether they are temporary employees or have a permanent job. Course developed by The Swedish Maritime Joint Work Environment Council (SAN).
- Designated Security Duties - 3.26 (IMO Model Course, Security) - 3 hours: This course is based on IMO model course 3.26 and the STCW code section Section A-VI/6-2, Security Training for Seafarers with Designated Security Duties - 3.26. This course is a mandatory minimum requirement for security-related training and instruction for seafarers with designated security duties. The course is approved by the Swedish Maritime Administration and DNVGL.
- Enclosed Space Entry (Operation & Safety, Maintenance & Repair) - 2 hours: This course is aimed at all seafarers who are involved in enclosed space entries. The course is open to seafarers who are responsible for enclosed space entries or is in any way involved in enclosed space entries.
- Environment and Energy Efficiency Training - 3 hours: This course is intended to provide the knowledge of Environment and Energy Efficiency required for all personnel working onboard ships. The course is open to all seafarers and to those working ashore in the shipping industry.
- Fuel Handling - LNG Ships (Environment, Operation & Safety, Introduction) - 8 hours: This course gives seafarers involved in the fuel handling onboard an introduction to the use of gases and other low-flashpoint fuels. The course is in accordance with interim guidance on Training for seafarers on ships using gases or other low-flashpoint fuels, IMO STCW.7/Circ.23, 2014-12-09.
- Gas Detection (Operation & Safety, Maintenance & Repair) - 1 hour: The course gives a broad view of dangerous gases on vessels and what regulations are applicable. The course aims at crew members onboard tankers but also other vessels where dangerous gases can occur.
- Hatch Cover Inspection and Maintenance (Maintenance & Repair, Cargo Handling & Stowage) - 12 hours: This course gives seafarers associated with hatch covers an introduction on functions, how the key parts are related to each other, and of the maintenance of them.
- Incident Investigation (Operation & Safety, STCW Model Course) - 6 hours: This course is based on IMO Model Course 3.11 and the purpose of the course is to introduce the student to the philosophy, processes and procedures required to support a marine casualty investigation.
- Introduction to MLC 2006 (Labor Convention, Introduction) - 1 hour: This course is an introduction to the Maritime Labor Convention 2006 (MLC and is directed to all seafarers working onboard ships.
- Introduction to the ISM code (Operation & Safety) - 1 hour: This course is intended to provide basic knowledge of the ISM code required for all personnel working onboard ships.
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (Operation & Safety, STCW Model Course) - 3 hours: This course is intended to provide the knowledge of personal safety required for all personnel working onboard ships.
- Personal Survival Techniques (Operation & Safety, STCW Model Course) - 4 hours: This course is based on IMO Model Course 1.19 and aims to meet the mandatory minimum requirements for seafarers for familiarization, basic safety training and instruction in accordance with Section A-VI/1 of STCW Code.
- Risk Assessment (Operation & Safety, Maintenance & Repair) - 1 hour: This course is intended to provide basic knowledge of Risk Assessment onboard ships.
- Safety Officer (IMO Model Course, Operation & Safety) - 3 hours: This course is intended to provide the knowledge needed to act as a safety officer onboard. The course covers the following topics: functions of a safety officer, basics of the ISM code and risk assessment.
- Securing of Cargo Onboard (Cargo Handling & Stowage, Maintenance & Repair) - 5 hours: This course is intended to provide a general understanding of the basic principles of securing of cargo onboard RoRo and General Cargo vessels.
- Security Awareness for all Seafarers (IMO Model Course, Security) - 3 hours: This course is based on IMO model course 3.27 and the STCW code Table A-VI/6-1, Security Awareness for all seafarers-3.27 and is a mandatory minimum requirement for security-related training and instruction for all seafarers.
Other Related Programs
- Equal Treatment Training (Social Responsibility) - 1 hour free course
- Healthy Cooking - Basics of Nutrition - 1 hour
- Hot Work (Operation & Safety) - 6 hours
- Likabehandling (Social Responsibility) - 1 hour free course
- Media Training - 2 hours
- Operations in Cold Temperatures - 1 hour
- Safe Work Environment (SAN) - 3 hours
- Thermosetting Plastics - 1 hour
- SAN - Bättre arbetsmiljö till sjöss - 2 hours