OSHA Maritime 5410, 5400, and 5402 Train the Trainer Programs in Dublin, California
The OSHA Training Institute Education Center (OTIEC) at Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is authorized by OSHA to deliver occupational safety and health training on behalf of OSHA and has been conducting OSHA’s courses since 2008. The OSHA Training Institute Education Center is located in the San Francisco Bay Area and specializes in delivering OSHA’s safety training courses in construction, maritime, and general industry throughout California, Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, Guam, online, and onsite.
Students are able to earn and maintain their OSHA credentials as well as earn OTIEC Continuing Education Units which can be applied to many safety professional designations including the CSP, CHST, OHST and ABIH safety credentials. The instructors are industry safety professionals who bring the latest information, experience and techniques to our state of the art classrooms and incorporate real world experiences into classroom instruction and hands-on learning exercises.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) Outreach Training Program was established to train workers in the basics of safety and health hazard recognition and prevention. OSHA authorizes trainers, who complete the 4-day construction, maritime, general industry or disaster site worker train-the-trainer courses, to conduct the 10-hour and 30-hour construction, maritime, or general industry, or 16-hour disaster site worker safety and health hazard recognition and prevention courses.
OSHA Maritime Train the Trainer Courses
- OSHA 5410 OSHA Standards for the Maritime Industry (35 hours): Participants in OSHA 5410 will learn the OSHA policies, procedures, and standards for the maritime industry as well as safety and health principles. Each section of the OSHA Maritime Standards will be covered. Special emphasis will be placed on those areas that are more hazardous, using OSHA Standards as a guide. OSHA 5410 is the prerequisite course to the OSHA #5400 Trainer Course for the Maritime Industry.
- OSHA 5400 Trainer Course in OSHA Standards for the Maritime Industry (26 hours): This course authorizes the student to become a trainer in the Maritime Outreach Trainer Program and to conduct both 10- and 30-hour maritime safety and health courses for shipyard employment, marine terminals, and longshoring, and to issue cards to participants verifying course completion.
- OSHA 5402 Maritime Industry Trainer Update Course (18 hours): Students will learn to demonstrate continued professional development in their field by applying effective adult learning principles and interactive training techniques to clearly identify, define and explain maritime industry hazards and acceptable corrective measures in accordance with the 29 CFR 1915, 1917, 1918 and 1919 OSHA Maritime Standards as they continue to teach 10-hour and 30-hour OSHA outreach courses. Outreach Trainers are required to attend this course once every four years to maintain their authorized trainer status.
Train Trainer General Requirements
- Three years maritime industry experience
- Two years additional safety experience or recognized safety credential
- Each course will have separate prerequisites except OSHA 5410
Other OSHA Programs
- Professional Certificate Programs
- Cal OSHA
- OSHA Safety Standards
- OSHA 10 Hour
- OSHA 30 Hour
- OSHA Short Courses
- Environmental Courses
- Online Courses
- Plus more..