Professional Logistician (P.Log), Logistics Specialist (LS) & Supply Chain Professional Designations & Training Programs in Logistics & Supply Chain Management
Founded in 1990 and headquartered in Toronto Ontario, the Logistics Institute is a Canadian Professional Logistics Institute and provides recognition for logistics certification programs and training in Canada. The institute was founded by 12 leading logistics industry associations to foster and promote the profession of logistics and create a recognized certification program. The focus of the Logistics Institute is to build the professional skills of Logistics practitioners in Canada and throughout the world.
The Logistics Institute mandate is to build upon the logistics profession, train individuals working in logistics, foster leaders in the profession, define logistics career opportunities, and sustain logistics HR development. With 8 unique certification pathways tied to Careers in Supply Chain Logistics, you will find the personal match to introduce, or continue with a logistics industry career choice.
Your association with the Logistics Institute will provide you complete training, support and development for every phase of your professional career. Our development programs that have helped hundreds of logisticians in all levels of management increase their earning potential, strengthen their company's supply chains, and improve their leadership skills.
Certification & Training Programs
Professional Logistician (P.Log)
- The P.Log is the internationally recognized professional credential earned by logistics practitioners to certify their competence as global supply chain leaders. The P.Log is a leader who initiates and manages change throughout the organization to meet and manage customer requirements through flexible and efficient global supply chains in both B2B and B2C businesses. Depending on where you are in your career and what the company needs to succeed, you have different options to earn the P.Log designation.
- Leadership program: The Leadership Program is an intensive six-day program designed for senior supply chain, logistics and global trade practitioners to hone business development and process management skills. The in-residence setting allows for interactive, facilitated sessions that focus on issues and challenges that affect your company's capacity to succeed in globally competitive markets.
- Process Management Program: The aim of the Process Management Program is to assess competence in logistics at the professional and strategic levels of business importance. The Program entails completion of 7 modules which include a mixture of online and in-class sessions. Process Management modules include - Supply Chain Strategies, Values and Leadership, Leading To Succeed, Integrated Logistics Networks, Logistics Process Diagnostics, Team Dynamics, and Comprehensive Qualifier.
Logistics Specialist (LS)
- LS certification is designed for logisticians working in tactical and supervisory careers, as well as for those aspiring to future managerial positions. This program aims at creating a foundation for a career in logistics and supply chain management through this newly developed LS Pathway. At the end of the program the participant will walk away with the skills/training as well as the accreditation to back it up. This designation fills a need to prepare practitioners for a successful career in logistics. The problem solving skills learned in this program will align you with the skills to achieve your objectives effectively.
- The LS designation will consist of core modules in the Essentials Series, Frontline Logistics and Integrated Logistics Networks. The program will be completely online with the use of a Learning and Managing System (LMS). Estimated time to complete the program is 1-3 months.
P.Log. Lean Healthcare Certification
- The Lean Healthcare Program is delivered online and has been developed in partnership with the American Institute of Industrial Engineers, the Irish Institute of Industrial Engineers, and the Logistics Institute (Level 7 European academic qualification standard).
- The Program consists of 9 lessons that provide participants with a comprehensive overview of Lean tools, practices and concepts. This pathway helps individuals in the healthcare field to identify and eliminate waste, improve process flows and outline a roadmap to achieving optimal delivery performance through increased flexibility.
- To Earn the P.Log: Once the 9 Lessons of the Lean Program are completed, to earn the P.Log designation you must have a minimum, of 5 years business experience in Canada or worldwide and complete the five Process Management modules - Leading To Succeed, Supply Chain Strategies, Values and Leadership, Team Dynamics, and Q Module.
Supply Chain Certification Programs
- SC-R [Supply Chain Resilience] Designation: By completing this program, participants will earn the SC-R [Supply Chain Resilience] designation. Earning the SC-R designation prepares you for the 21st Century as a professionally competent resilience strategist.
- SC-SRM Designation: By completing this program, participants will earn the SC-SRM [Supply Chain Supplier Relationship Management] designation. The SC-SRM is a public statement of competence as a supplier relationship management strategist.
- SC-IPM Designation: By completing this program, participants will earn the SC-IPM [International SC Project Management] designation. Earning the SC-IPM designation prepares you for the 21st Century as a professionally competent international project management specialist.
- SC-N Designation: By completing this program in full, participants will earn the SC-N [Supply Chain Negotiation] designation. The SC-N is a public statement of competence as an effective negotiation strategist.
Entry Level Training
- Logistics Essentials: The Logistics Essentials course is an online self-directed learning resource that introduces you to the world of supply chain and logistics, with a focus on the relationships between core operational activities and the collaboration required to keep supply chains functioning optimally.
- Communicating Virtually
- Leading Virtually
- Energizing Teams