CITP | FIBP Certification Program & Online or Instructor-Led International Trade Training and Programs in Canada and Worldwide
Established in 1991 and headquartered at Ottawa Canada, Forum for International Trade Training (FITT) is dedicated to providing international business training, resources and professional certification to individuals and businesses. FITT is the world's leading export-import training and certification expert. FITT offers the only international business training programs and related professional designation (CITP | FIBP) endorsed by the World Trade Centers Association and the Canadian government.
FITT international business training solutions have become the standard of excellence for global trade professionals across Canada and around the world. You will get practical training for the import-export business through online courses at your pace or in-class with the help of an instructor. As a not-for-profit organization, FITT is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors that represents the founding and strategic partners.
Educational institutions across Canada and internationally have allied with FITT to deliver the industry-validated FITTskills international business courses and program in traditional in-class learning environments. FITT also provides customized international business training programs for industry leaders in global trade. FITT General Members are provided with an established network of business connections, countless opportunities for skill and knowledge development, and access to the latest news and discussions relating to international business.
Certification & Training Programs
CITP |FIBP Certification Program
- Certified International Trade Professional (CITP®|FIBP®): The FITT Certified International Trade Professional (CITP®|FIBP®) designation is the world’s leading professional designation for global business practitioners. This prestigious, industry-validated designation is earned by meeting a rigorous set of competency standards, as set by FITT. While the CITP®|FIBP® designation officially recognizes the level of professional competency of individual international trade professionals, the standards it embodies brings a new level of accountability and increased recognition to the skills and knowledge required for success in the industry as a whole.
Paths to the CITP®|FIBP® Designation
- Academic Path: Complete the FITTskills courses, or equivalent, online or with any of the educational partners to get started. You’ll learn first-hand from seasoned international trade professionals, and you’ll develop the skills and knowledge required for success in today’s competitive global markets.
- Professional Path: Professionals and graduates can obtain exemptions from FITTskills courses through the Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) process. PLAR enables you to earn credits for your previous international trade education and experience.
- Executive Path: Highly experienced professionals (10+ years) who’ve already achieved success in the field of global trade can apply for their designation directly without having to re-acquire established knowledge.
- Feasibility of International Trade
- International Market Entry Strategies
- Global Value Chain
- Products & Services for a Global Market
- International Trade Finance
- International Sales & Marketing
- Incoterms® 2020 Training
- Situational Analysis
- Cost and Pricing Analysis
- Risk Analysis and Management
- Planning for International Market Entry
- Implementation of Market Entry Strategies
- Law and Ethics
- Intercultural Competence
- International Procurement
- Inventory Management
- International Distribution
- Document Management
- Product Development
- Service Development
- Marketing Products and Services
- Selling to International Markets
- International Trade Finance