SCMP Designation & Certification, Supply Management Training (SMT). CE Webinars & Certificate Programs in Canada
Established in 2019, Supply Chain Canada (formerly Supply Chain Management Association SCMA Canada) has over 100 years of history in Canada. With over 7,500 members, Supply Chain Canada represents the wider profession that includes the breadth of supply chain roles such as sourcing, procurement, logistics, inventory, transportation, distribution, operations, sustainability, replenishment, and contract management.
A non-profit association, Supply Chain Canada is a Federation of the National Secretariat, Provincial and Territorial Institutes working together to achieve a common vision. Supply Chain Canada sets the standards for excellence and ethics, and is the principal source of professional development and accreditation in supply chain management in Canada.
Institutional partners are responsible for communicating with their membership, recruiting new members and conferring SCMP designation. They include - Supply Chain Canada Alberta, Supply Chain Canada British Columbia, Supply Chain Canada Manitoba, Supply Chain Canada New Brunswick, Supply Chain Canada Newfoundland and Labrador, Supply Chain Canada Nova Scotia, Supply Chain Canada Northern Territories, Supply Chain Canada Ontario, Supply Chain Canada Quebec, and Supply Chain Canada Saskatchewan.
The Supply Chain National Office is responsible for developing education and accreditation programs, national branding, federal government relations and international strategic alliances.
Certification & Training Programs
SCMP Designation & Certification
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP): The SCMP Designation will not only provide applied learning to immediately impact your performance at work, it will also signal to your employer the commitment to excellence, ethics and professionalism you stand for. Distinguish yourself in your field. SCMPs are recognized as strategic supply chain management professionals who help companies achieve a competitive edge. Learn innovative leadership and distinct competencies.
SCMP Modules (Strategic Supply Chain Management Knowledge)
- Supply Chain Management
- Procurement and Supply Management
- Logistics and Transportation
- Operations and Process Management
- Knowledge Management
- Global Sourcing
- Supply Chain Management for the Public Sector
- Supply Chain Management for Services, Capital Goods and Major Projects
SCMP Interactive Workshops on Business Skills
- Leadership and Professionalism
- Negotiation Skills
- Communication and Relational Skills
- Competitive Bidding, Contract Preparation and Contract Management
- Risk Management
- Ethical Behavior and Social Responsibility
SCMP Leadership Residency
- Integrate and advance knowledge from Modules and Workshops, hone management and leadership skills, final exam preparation.
SCMP Final Examination
- Test knowledge acquired in a case-based exam.
- In addition to an overall grade of 60%, a pass in every of the previous components is required.
- Module: (30%) Final assignment/case analysis and group/individual participation
- Workshops: (15%) Session work, case analysis or project assignment and group/individual participation.
- SCMP Leadership Residency: (10%) for individual attendance and participation for the full program (including Final Exam preparation session).
- Final Exam: (45%) Full Case analysis demonstrating leadership competencies of the program
SCMP Admission Requirements
- Membership in Supply Chain Canada; and
- Language Proficiency: Where neither English nor French is the applicant’s native language, Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) proficiency of level 6 or higher must be demonstrated; and
- Academic Credentials: A degree or diploma in a business-related field from a recognized Canadian post-secondary institution (or proof of an international equivalency); or
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years of work or military experience in supply chain management.
- Certificate in Supply Chain Fraud: This certificate will give you the knowledge to identify and understand the most significant fraud-related risks impacting supply chain and strategies to manage and mitigate them. In an era of Industry 4.0, ultra-high efficiency production and borderless commerce, supply chain management is a vital strategic function and protecting supply chain integrity is a key priority at every level. This certificate is exclusive for SCMPs and is part of our inaugural Leading Practices in Supply Chain Series initiative.
Supply Management Training (SMT) Program
Technical Courses (13 Lessons)
- SMT - Procurement
- SMT - Logistics
- SMT - Transportation
- SMT - Operations Management
Soft Skills Development Seminars (2-4 days)
- SMT - Communication & Relational Skills
- SMT - Negotiation Skills
- SMT - Competitive Bidding and Contract Management
Continuous Professional Development
Supply Chain Canada Partnership Webinars (2 SCMP Credits)
- Mentorship Program Info Session
- Risk Management
- Contract Management, Supplier Relationship and Vendor Performance Management - Public and Private Sector
- Supply Chain Analytics for Business Results
- Social Change Essentials in supply Chain with Staples – Be Better, Get Better - Eliminating the Barriers in Career Advancement and Talent Acquisition
- Applied Machine Learning in Supply Chain Professional Certificate
- Leadership and Professionalism