Translate to Your Language
MSSC Certified Logistics Technician Program & CLA and CLT Training Courses Nationwide in the U.S.
The Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) is an industry-led, training, assessment and certification system focused on the core skills and knowledge needed by the nation’s front-line production and material handling workers. The nationwide MSSC System, based upon industry-defined and federally-endorsed standards, offers both entry-level and incumbent workers the opportunity to demonstrate that they have acquired the skills increasingly needed in the technology-intensive jobs of the 21st century.
MSSC has been accredited under the International ISO 17024 Standard. This makes MSSC the first national certification body accredited under this international standard for manufacturing and logistics. This is a welcome further recognition of the quality and long-standing leadership of MSSC in the field of industry-recognized national certification. Much work remains to be done to enable MSSC to credential the bulk of the front-line industrial workforce.
MSSC Courses have earned a college credit recommendation from the National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS) for all modules of Certified Logistics Technician (CLT) programs.
Certification & Training Programs
- Certified Logistics Technician (CLT): he purpose of the Certified Logistics Technician (CLT) program is to recognize through certification individuals who demonstrate mastery of the core competencies of material handling at the front-line (entry-level through front-line supervisor) through successful completion of the certification assessments. The goal of the CLT certification program is to raise the level of performance of logistics workers both to assist the individuals in finding higher-wage jobs and to help employers ensure their workforce increases the company’s productivity and competitiveness.
- The CLT program consists of two parts: The foundational-level Certified Logistics Associate (CLA) Certificate and the mid-level technical CLT Certification. Before sitting for the CLT assessment, candidates must have a CLA Certificate.
CLT Training Courses
- CLA Course (Foundational Level): The Course provides students with the foundational broad knowledge they will need to understand the world of supply chain and related core competencies. Learning materials include PDF textbook and e-learning modules. The Course includes modules on: the global supply chain, the logistics environment, safety, safe equipment operation, material handling equipment, quality control, workplace communication, teamwork and problem solving and using computers. This Course requires approximately 35 hours.
- CLT Course (Mid-level Technical): This Course provides students with the mid-level technical knowledge needed to understand the world of supply chain logistics and related core competencies. Learning materials include PDF textbook and e-learning modules. This Course includes: product receiving, product storage, order processing, packaging and shipment, inventory control, safe handling of hazardous materials, evaluation of transportation modes, customs, and dispatch and tracking operations. This Course requires approximately 35 hours.
- Certified Production Technician (CPT)
- Statistical Process Control
- Project Management
- Juran Problem Solving
- Effective Problem Solving
- Root Cause Analysis
- ISO 9001
LAST UPDATED ON Mar 30, 2017