Certificates in Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain Management, Dangerous Goods and Other Online Courses and Webinars
Founded in 1948 and headquartered in Toronto, the Canadian International Freight Forwarders Association (CIFFA) was established in Montreal by a small group of freight forwarders who saw a need to create an industry association to meet the professional demands of its members. The association’s members, as required by the by-laws, adhere to recognized standard trading conditions, have forwarder’s liability insurance including errors and omissions, and have access to a training program through the CIFFA education system to ensure the professional quality of their staff.
As a freight forwarder, the association provides you with the opportunity to share the stature of the CIFFA brand, recognized as a symbol of excellence by Canadian importers and exporters. To a shipper or importer, the association provides a source of freight forwarding companies all of whom are registered in our directory and all of whom participate from a level playing field of Standard Trading Conditions. To the providers of goods and services and to carriers in all modes, the association facilitates access to some 250 freight forwarding companies.
CIFFA also focuses on delivering education and training programs through online virtual classrooms and webinar formats. Employees of CIFFA member firms, importers, exporters and those looking to start a new career in freight forwarding will benefit from industry leading education programs. CIFFA is a certified training provider for FIATA, IATA, ICAO, CSCSC and the courses include all IMO and Transport Canada regulations as required. Course materials are updated regularly and are recognized nationally and worldwide.
International Freight Forwarding Courses
- FIATA Diploma and CIFFA Certificate Bundle: The FIATA Diploma Bundle provides you savings and access to International Transportation and Trade, Essentials of Freight Forwarding, and the FIATA Diploma Course – Advanced Freight Services. Successful completion of all three courses will grant you a CIFFA Certificate, and offers eligibility to apply for the FIATA diploma.
- CIFFA/SCHULICH Management Program Bundle: CIFFA partners with the Schulich Executive Education Centre (SEEC) to offer three online courses that contribute to the Professional Freight Forwarder (PFF) designation. These courses focus on: sales, client service and finance. Each course was designed with the logistics manager in mind, but general enough that employees within any organization would benefit.
- CIFFA Professional Freight Forwarder (PFF): In a competitive marketplace, differentiating yourself is a key to success. Completion of the Schulich Management courses, along with the CIFFA Certificate and FIATA Diploma courses, earns you the right to apply to be recognized as a CIFFA Professional Freight Forwarder.
Dangerous Goods Courses
- Ocean Dangerous Goods Freight Forwarder Course: The International Maritime Organization's (IMO) Dangerous Goods Code specifies the requirements that must be followed. A thorough knowledge of dangerous goods must be obtained before you move dangerous goods by ship. You must have the current edition of the IMDG Code to complete this training. To maintain compliance, students must recertify every 36 months. This course is acceptable for all Freight Forwarders, and certifies the student to ship dangerous goods by sea. 8 to 12 hours to complete.
- Road Dangerous Goods: CIFFA Online TDG Training provides certification for the transport of dangerous goods by land. Online learning provides the flexibility to study at your own pace and access learning materials at your convenience. The material covered in this course covers all required objectives as set out by transport Canada.
- Air Dangerous Goods: This course certifies freight forwarders, shippers and operators. Learners will receive a category 6 certificate compliant with Transport Canada requirements. The course length varies from 12 to 16 hours depending on the delivery method selected.
Air Cargo Security Training
- Authorized Cargo Representative (ACR)
- Cargo Security Co-Ordinator (CSC) Initial
- Essentials of Exporting
- Letters of Credit
- Canada-European Union: The Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA)
- The Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP)
- Blockchain - Who Will Protect the Freight Forwarders' Interests?
- INCOTERMS 2020
- Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (CUSMA)
- Cargo Insurance
- Protecting Your Business with CIFFA STCS
- Transborder: Shipping to the USA
- Business Ethics for the Global Logistics Professional