Career Oriented Online Training Program on the Incoterms 2020 Rules by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Academy
The Incoterms (International Commercial Terms) are a series of pre-defined commercial terms defining the key parts of freight forwarding published by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) relating to international trade and commercial law. The latest series is Incoterms 2020. International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Academy delivers online certification and professional development services to meet the educational needs of banks, corporate and other organizations at the forefront of international trade.
The Incoterms 2020 Certificate (INCO) provides a comprehensive working knowledge of ICC’s globally recognized commercial trade terms, which offer specific guidance for those participating in the import and export of global trade. This course helps traders avoid costly misunderstandings by clarifying the tasks, costs and risks involved in the delivery of goods. The Incoterms 2020 is a set of 11 regularly-used standard trading terms in international trade.
This certification in suitable for accountants, audit teams, business development and marketing managers, exporters and importers in SMEs and corporations, as well as sales and purchasing managers.
In trade & logistics industry, it is suitable for logistics providers, commercial lawyers and arbitrators, custom brokers, freight forwarders, general transportation carriers, insurance managers and trade consultants.
In banking industry, it is suitable for finance and procurement managers, compliance and risk managers, front-office relationship managers, back office trade finance and trade operations teams.
- Total Courses: 1
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Lessons: 7
- Extras: Comparison Tool
- Study Documents: 10
- Exam: 60 mins
- Languages: English, Spanish
Some Changes in Incoterms 2020
- The Incoterms 2010 rule DAT Delivered At Terminal has been renamed. In Incoterms 2020 it is called Delivered at Place Unloaded.
- Incoterms 2020 recognizes that buyers and sellers are not obliged to outsource the transport of the goods, but may use their own vehicles.
- Incoterms 2020 now refers to an option under FCA which addresses the situation where an on-board shipping document is required for presentation under a letter of credit, but is not normally available to the seller.
- Incoterms 2020 explicitly addresses security-related costs with statements such as that for the C rules, the seller must comply with any transport-related security requirements for transport to the destination - and pay any associated costs.
Incoterms 2020 Certification
- Divided into 7 lessons, the three-hour course provides an understanding of the trade terms and how they give a common framework to the trade industry. 10 sample documents and 35 assessment questions to help you grasp key concepts easily and review the course material.
- All the courses are online meaning they can be taken at any time of day, from anywhere in the world. Fit them in around your busy workload and learn at your own pace
- To take the exam and earn the Incoterms 2020 Certificate you will need to complete the seven lessons within the 12-month access period.
Incoterms 2020 Certification Outline
- Lesson 2: Definition of Incoterms 2020
- Lesson 3: Obligations Part 1
- Lesson 4: Obligations Part 2
- Lesson 5: Comparison Matrix
- Lesson 6: Industry Case Studies
- Lesson 7: Assessment
For more information or to join the Incoterms 2020 (INCO) program