Build a Solid Understanding of the Most Important Document in Global Trade - Career Oriented NVOCC Bill of Lading Certification from ICC Academy
A Bill of Lading (B/L or BOL) is a document issued by a carrier (or their agent) to acknowledge receipt of cargo for shipment. International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Academy delivers online certification and professional development services to meet the educational needs of banks, corporate and other organizations at the forefront of international trade.
The IMB NVOCC Bill of Lading (NBL) provides an understanding of NVOCC bill of lading issuances, either to sign up for the International Maritime Bureau (IMB) Non-Vessel Owning Common Carriers (NVOCC) Registry or as part of a staff training program.
Gain a competitive edge by showing industry compliance and accountable business practices as a NVOCC and avoid costly and time-consuming legal investigations into improperly issued bills of lading.
NBL is suitable for NVOCCs currently facing suspension from the IMB NVOCC registry, as well as actual carriers, cargo owners, other general traders and related stakeholders in banks
Divided into 4 lessons, the three-hour interactive course aims to raise industry standards and covers a range of topics from the basics of trade logistics to the importance of bills of lading in international trade in order to properly issue a bill of lading.
- Courses: 1
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Lessons: 4
- Case Studies: 6
- Quizzes: 18
- Learn more about IMB NVOCC Bill of Lading Certificate
NBL Structure & Curriculum
- All thecourses and certificates are online meaning they can be taken at any time of day, from anywhere in the world. Fit them in around your busy workload and learn at your own pace.
- The IMB NVOCC Bill of Lading Certificate (NBL) is comprised of four different lessons and you will need to complete all of these to take the final exam/assessment.
NBL Online Lessons
- Overview of Bills of Lading
- The Role of Bills of Lading in Global Trade: General introduction to international trade and key stakeholders; IMB Code of Conduct and NVOCC Register; the role and importance of the bill of lading in the trading transaction; and processes and documents needed by NVOCCs before issuing a bill of lading
- Understanding the IMB Register and Code: The terms of the IMB NVOCC Code of Conduct (CoC); how NVOCCs can comply; and five real world scenarios involving NVOCCs and bills of lading
- Pre-Exam Assessment
For more information or to join the IMB NVOCC Bill of Lading (NBL) program: