Translate to Your Language
Supply Chain Management and Logistics Education at the School of Continuing Studies
McGill University is an international university whose main language of instruction is English. McGill has 21 faculties and professional schools offering over 300 programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels. McGill University is one of Canada's best-known institutions of higher learning and one of the country's leading research-intensive universities. With students coming to McGill from about 150 countries, the student body is the most internationally diverse of any medical-doctoral university in Canada.
The oldest university in Montreal, McGill was founded in 1821 from a generous bequest by James McGill, a prominent Scottish merchant. Since that time, McGill has grown from a small college to a bustling university with two campuses and more than 36,000 students. The University partners with four affiliated teaching hospitals to graduate over 1,000 health care professionals each year.
In addition to a stellar faculty, McGill is known for attracting the brightest students from across Canada, the United States, and abroad. McGill students have the highest average entering grades in Canada, and commitment to fostering the best has helped the students win more national and international awards on average than their peers at any other Canadian university. The prestigious Rhodes Scholarship has gone to a nation-leading 132 McGill students.
Career & Professional Programs
- Certificate in Supply Chain Management and Logistics: The Supply Chain Management and Logistics Certificate program is comprised of 2 core courses and 2 streams of courses. The Production and Inventory Control stream will provide students with a strong background in manufacturing supply chain environments and will lead them towards a Certified Production Inventory Management (CPIM) or Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) designation offered by the Association for Operations Management (APICS), provided that the students pass the APICS examinations and other requirements. The Logistics stream will provide students with a strong background in companies’ supply chain, distribution and logistics functions and will lead them towards a Canadian Institute of Traffic and Transportation (CITT) designation provided that CITT’s other requirements are satisfied.
- Diploma in Supply Chain and Operations Management: The core program offers high level tools of analysis for acquiring an in-depth understanding of supply chain operations. It offers students opportunities to specialize in areas such as quality management, lean manufacturing, service operations and project management. The program contents are included in the body of knowledge of a Green Belt and Project Management Institute.
Professional Development Courses
- Lean in Service Industry
- Lean in Healthcare
- The Lean Elephant
McGill University Facts
- Downtown campus: West Montreal, Quebec
- Macdonald campus: Anne de Bellevue, Quebec
Legal Recognition / Accreditation
- Public institution recognized under a public act, Canada
Memberships / Affiliations
- Association of Universities and Colleges Canada (AUCC), Canadian Bureau of International Education (CBIE); Language Canada (LC)
LAST UPDATED ON January 16, 2017