Pick Your Language (Translate)
International Masters & Doctoral Programs at the Department of Marine Systems Engineering, Kyushu University
Established in 1903, Kyushu University (Kyudai) is the largest public university on the island of Kyūshū and is Fukuoka City, Fukuoka. It is among the top 3 destinations for foreign students. The total number of students currently amounts to 18,765, while the faculty members number 2,186. International exchange programs are also greatly encouraged at Kyushu University. The university accepts many overseas students each year and at present there are more than 1,700 international students from about eighty countries.
The research objective of the Department of Marine Systems Engineering at the university is to propose a wide range of environmentally-friendly marine applications and to develop technologies related to them, whilst taking full advantage of the achievements in naval architecture, marine engineering, industrial engineering and systems engineering in a comprehensive manner. The department is a division of the Graduate School of Engineering, Kyushu University.
These programs are conducted in English. Also At each campus of Kyushu University, Japanese teachers at the International Student Center give Japanese lessons to those who wish to learn. JLCs are four-term per year courses, each of which focuses either on general grammar or on a specific language skill (viz. Chinese characters, conversation, reading, or composition) and is organized according to proficiency levels.
- International Masters Program in Maritime Engineering (English)
- International Doctoral Program in Maritime Engineering (English)
- Marine Systems Engineering is a growing field that studies and develops the technologies required to utilize the sea for purposes such as traffic and transportation, energy production, bio-resources, mineral resources, and space for living and storage. The key educational objectives of this Department is to convey knowledge of naval architecture, marine engineering, industrial engineering, and systems engineering, to train students so that they are able to make full use of this knowledge in an integrated manner, to propose a wide range of environmentally-friendly marine applications, and to develop associated technologies.
Kyushu University Admissions
- Persons who have successfully completed Undergraduate School at an educational institution in a foreign country, which is deemed in Japan to have a similar level of education, and designated by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
- Application form for admission prescribed by the Graduate School
- Collation card, and Examination admission card prescribed by Graduate School and passport-grade photograph must be attached.
- Official Academic Transcript -To be issued by the university from which you will graduate or graduated most recently.
- Graduation Certificate or Statement that confirms expected graduation -To be issued by the university from which you will graduate or graduated most recently.
- Synthesized English qualifying examination score certificate -The score certificate of TOEIC or TOEFL.
- A stamped envelope for the examination card - The envelope (235×120mm in size) with the applicant’s name, address and ZIP code. (Students registered in the Masters Course of Graduate School of Engineering, Kyushu University are exempted.)
- Transfer Receipt of Screening Fee - 30,000yen - This is not required for applicants who are MEXT (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology) Scholarship Students.
- Application for Recognition of Academic Requirements
- For more details please check the university catalog
LAST UPDATED ON Dec 15, 2017