ABYC Marine Systems & Electrical Certification Programs, ABBRA Training, Waterfront First Aid, and OSHA Training for Boatyards by MMTA
Established in 1966, the Maine Marine Trade Association (MMTA) is a not-for-profit trade association run with support and guidance provided by an all-volunteer Board of Directors. MMTA's 200 member firms are served by professional staff. MMTA promotes growth, prosperity, and cooperation within the marine industry in Maine; to encourage and publicize educational opportunities leading to and furthering careers in the marine trades; and to encourage and assist in the development of best practices in the marine industry with a focus on the environment, and health and safety.
The Annual Conference & Business Meeting serves as a major training and networking event for the membership. Regional Meetings provide members with face to face access to the Board and Staff and additional peer to peer networking in a less formal setting. MMTA is the sponsor of the Maine Clean Boatyards & Marinas Program, a voluntary beyond compliance initiative that helps facility operators to meet and exceed environmental standards. MMTA also provides a powerful voice in advocating for the industry with State and Federal regulatory agencies and the legislature.
ABYC Certification Programs
- ABYC Marine Systems Certification - Fast Trac (2 days): This course is designed for the marine professional with at least 3 - 5 years’ experience working with marine systems design, installation or repair and will provide the student with a comprehensive and focused look at the key ABYC standards. The successful certification candidate should have some familiarity with ABYC standards. The new certification requirements are in effect for this course.
- ABYC Marine Electrical Certification Fast Trac (2 days): Designed for those with a minimum of 3-5 years practical experience in the field of marine electrical design, service or installation. The successful certification candidate should be familiar with all of the ABYC electrical standards, although the applicable standards will be reviewed as a part of the course.
Other Industry Programs
- ABBRA Step Up To Supervisor (2 days): Please find the program details at our ABBRA section.
- Waterfront First Aid (1 day): This hands-on course is designed for marina & boatyard staff, sailing programs, yacht clubs, coastal sailors, crew, and yacht racers. The course also includes American Safety and Health Institute CPR & AED certification.
- OSHA 10 Hour Training for Boatyards: This OSHA 10-Hour training is specific to boatyards, marinas, and marine businesses.
LAST UPDATED ON June 29, 2018