First Aid, Medical Care, Firefighting & International Ship and Port Facility Security Programs for Seafarers in Thomaston, Maine
Established in 2007 and located at Main St. Thomaston Maine, Midcoast First Aid provides comprehensive basic first aid and CPR training as well as USCG approved medical courses in the Mid-Coast Maine area.
The primary focus was to fill a gap in basic shipboard first aid. Midcoast First Aid strives to keep ahead of the changes and provide everyone from the professional mariner to the weekend boater the most up to date and comprehensive training possible.
At this time the company has four USCG approvals and works with the training partners to provide high quality maritime training in Main St. Thomaston and around in Maine.
- Elementary First Aid: This is an introduction to basic first aid and CPR, which will give students the knowledge to deal with medical emergencies till more qualified trained personnel arrive. Any applicant who successful completes this course will satisfy the Basic Safety-Elementary First Aid training requirements of Section A-VI/1 and Table A-VI/1-3 of the STCW Code and 46 CFR 11.202(b)(3).
- Medical Care Provider: Any student who successfully completes this course will satisfy the Medical First Aid training requirements of section A-VI/4 and Table A-VI/4-1 of the STCW Code and 46 CFR 12. 13-1.
- Basic Fire Fighting: This is a 32-hour advanced firefighting course that meets the requirements of section A-VI/3 and table A-VI/3 of the STCW Code and the fire prevention and firefighting requirements of 46CFR 11.202(b)(2) and the advanced firefighting training requirements of 46 CFR 11.205(d) and 11.401 (g)(1) for a credential.
- Advanced Fire Refresher: This two-day course aims to provide refresher training for candidates in specific duties and responsibilities related to firefighting leadership, command, and fire separation and planning in accordance with Section A-VI/3 of the STCW Code.
- Advanced Fire Fighting Revalidation: This is a one-day course that any applicant who has successfully completed will get a certificate in Advanced Fire Fighting Revalidation course that will satisfy the requirements of STCW Code Section A-VI/3 and 46 CFR 11.201(h)(1) and 11.303(d).
ASHI First Aid Courses
- Basic First Aid: This Course is taught off the American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) standards. This class will give students the ability to provide an assessment and interventions with minimal medical equipment to help the patient till more qualified medical personnel arrive.
- CPR for the Community & Work Place: This CPR course is taught off the American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) standards.
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer: This course is for those individuals who are entering a medical profession or are currently in a medical profession and need to renew their CPR.
Other First Aid Courses
- Advanced First Aid: This is a course designed for the person who needs or desires more first aid training than basic first aid, but not to the level of emergency medical response. The course is ideal for corporate emergency response teams.
- Wilderness First Aid: For those with outdoor leadership responsibilities, such as river or climbing guides, summer camp counselors and others who facilitate remote-area recreation activities, training in wilderness emergency care is a must.
LAST UPDATED ON Feb 28, 2021