Translate to Your Language
OUPV, Master 100 Ton and Endorsement Classes Throughout Maine, Massachusetts and Connecticut
Located Kennebunkport ME, Atlantic Captain’s Academy offers a variety of Coast Guard approved courses for Coast Guard captain’s license candidates. Classes are all taught by highly skilled instructors in a casual learning environment that is highly conducive to maritime education. They offer several different course formats including the popular evening class that meets once per week. Tuition includes all materials and testing. You will not have to take an exam with the Coast Guard.
The school also offers Yacht Deliveries and Yacht Charters apart from captain’s classes and endorsement programs. The class locations include - Scarborough, South Portland, Kennebunk, York, Belfast, and Brunswick in Maine; Fall River, Boston, Bourne, Foxborough, and Gloucester in Massachusetts; and Niantic in Connecticut.
- Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessel (OUPV): This license qualifies the operator to carrying not more than 6 passengers on vessels up to 100 GT. Typical employment opportunities include charter boats, sailboats and excursion boats.
- Master License: Operators of inspected passenger vessels are required to have this license. Typical employment opportunities include charter boats, sailboats, ferries, excursion boats and whale watch boats.
- Launch Operator: Limited Master or a Limited Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessel (OUPV) United States Coast Guard License. This license is designed for those working at yacht clubs, marinas, and camps as a launch driver. All launch operators must be licensed with Coast Guard to legally operate marina or yacht club launch service vessels.
- License Renewal: If a licensed captain does not qualify for renewal due to lack of sea service time, he/she may in lieu of logging the necessary 360 days on the water since his last issue, attend and complete a renewal refresher course and exam.
- Assistance Towing: This endorsement may be added to the Captain OUPV license or to the Master's license.
- Sail/Auxiliary Sail: The sail/auxiliary sail endorsement may be added to the master's license.
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 29, 2018