OPITO Further Offshore Emergency Training (FOET) with Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS)
The OPITO approved Further Offshore Emergency Training program with Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) course must be undertaken by individuals who have a valid BOSIET (with CA-EBS), BOSIET (with EBS), TBOSIET, FOET (with CA-EBS), FOET (with EBS) or TFOET certificate. The FOET (with CA-EBS) certificate re-validates a delegate’s offshore emergency training for a further 4 years.
This program is designed to meet the further offshore safety and emergency response training requirements for personnel working in the offshore oil and gas industry who will be supplied with a compressed air emergency breathing system (CA-EBS) during offshore helicopter travel.
The aim of the FOET (with CA-EBS) is to provide the delegates with the opportunity to practice and demonstrate emergency response skills which are not possible to practice during drills, exercises and emergency training offshore.
- Duration: Approx. 8 hours (1 day)
- Validity: 4 years
- Medical Requirement: Offshore medical certificate or medical certificate from the company
- Pre-requisites: Valid BOSIET (with CA-EBS), BOSIET (with EBS), TBOSIET, FOET (with CA-EBS), FOET (with EBS) or TFOET certificate
FOET with CA-EBS Training
- Aim, learning outcomes, timetable, assessment methods and training staff roles
Helicopter Safety and Escape
- Use of Compressed Air Breathing System (CA-EBS)
- Helicopter safety and escape techniques
- Additional CA-EBS Training (In-Water)
Firefighting and Self-Rescue
- Firefighting and self-rescue techniques
Emergency First Aid
- Emergency first aid techniques
Disclaimer: For general information purpose only - please check with OPITO for the latest and accurate information on training standards
Last Updated: March 15, 2021