Adult Sailing Courses, Keelboat Courses, RYA Theory Classes and RYA Powerboat Courses in Doha, Qatar
Established in 1996 and located in Doha, Qatar, Regatta Sailing Academy is one of Qatar’s longest running sporting ventures and has taught thousands of people to sail. Some started very young and continued to progress as far as sailing for their country in international competitions, others have chartered yachts and explored all corners of the globe.
Based in Katara Cultural Village, the Academy is continuing to grow with windsurfing instruction being offered for all ages. Regatta Sailing Academy organizes its own Regattas throughout the year and is also proud to participate in the National Day and Sports Day sailing events of Qatar.
The Academy also has a base in the Four Seasons Marina where their two racing yachts are moored. Keelboat, yacht cruising and International Award training is held from this location. All of the Academy staff are British qualified and highly experienced instructors and the safety equipment is regularly inspected and tested and safety boats are always on hand.
Adult Sailing Courses
- Adult Level 1 Start Sailing: Level 1 is for complete beginners and looks at the basics of boat handling and building your confidence on the water.
- Adult Level 2 Basic Skills: Level 2 looks at doing more technical maneuvers, such as man overboard and coming alongside in dinghies and generally improving your sailing.
- Adult Level 3 Better Sailing: Level 3 is where things really start to heat up! Looking closely at double handed sailing and perfecting maneuvers covered in level 2.
- Keelboat Level 1, 2 and 3: Regatta Sailing Academy offers learn to sail courses on its two keelboats to complete beginners as well as to those who have already sailed in dinghies or those who have had the occasional sail on a yacht and even those who would like to handle a yacht as part of a racing team.
RYA Theory Classes
- Day Skipper Theory: This course equips you with enough knowledge to navigate around familiar waters by day. A basic knowledge of lights is also included to introduce you to night cruising.
- Coastal skipper / Yachtmaster Offshore Theory: This course will take your theory knowledge to the standard required for the Yachtmaster Coastal and Yachtmaster Offshore practical exams, concentrating on advanced navigation and meteorology skills.
- Yachtmaster Ocean Theory: This course is for those aspiring to blue water cruising and is ideal for holders of the Yachtmaster Offshore certificate who are preparing for their first ocean passage.
RYA Powerboat Courses
- RYA Powerboat Level 1: Students will learn how to launch and recover the boat, how to prepare the boat and crew, how to maneuver the boat and basic boat handling skills.
- RYA Powerboat Level 2: This course covers practical skills and some basic navigation and theoretical knowledge over 2 days.
- RYA Safety Boat Certificate: The safety boat course provides the skills required when acting as an escort craft, safety boat or coach boat for a fleet of dinghies, windsurfers or canoes, or for racing or training activities.
Last Updated: July 5, 2021