RYA Approved Powerboat Training and Sailing Programs in Doha, Qatar
Established in 2010 and located in Doha Qatar, Sora Marine Training is an RYA recognized training centre offering certified courses and professional training in all areas of the marine industry. Sora Marine Training operates from The Doha Marine Sports Club, West Bay, and Doha - Qatar’s premier water sports centre. The wakeboard and powerboat activities may also be run from The Pearl and West Bay Lagoon.
Sora Marine Training is part of Sora Marine Group and also provides services and training to the wider marine industry. Also the they are an accredited by Qatar’s Ministry of Transport and Communications (MOTC).
Sora Marine Training provides a range of personal safety equipment including wetsuits, buoyancy aids, life jackets and helmets. Safety is the number one priority and they ensure that all the clients are briefed fully prior to any activity taking place and that all the equipment is regularly checked and serviced to ensure that it is safe. At Sora Marine Training you can expect excellent facilities, instructors and experiences.
- RYA Level 1 Course (1 day): The level 1 course is designed to introduce the total novice to boating should they not know if they will continue with their education or require a international level of certification.
- RYA Level 2 Certification (2 days): Provides the skills and background knowledge needed by the competent powerboat driver and is the basis of the International Certificate of Competence. It aims to teach boat handling and seamanship in powerboats.
- Adult Level 1: Introducing you to sailing with all you need to get afloat under supervision.
- Adult Level 2: Setting out the foundations of sailing for you.
- Adult Start Racing: The fundamentals of getting off the start line and round the course
- Youth Stage 1: A basic understanding of how a boat sails with some experience of steering and handling the boat.
- Youth Stage 2: A range of skills and knowledge to help in becoming a confident sailor.
- Youth Stage 3: A range of skills based on seamanship knowledge and practical skills on the water.
- Youth Stage 4: An advanced youth level covering all skills related to using the boats equipment as well as meteorology and rig tuning.
- Youth Start Racing: All the skills required to start club racing.
- Youth Saturday Sailing Program: The Youth Saturday Sailing program runs every Saturday from September to June and gives an excellent introduction to all abilities of sailors as well as refining existing skills for the more experienced.
- Jet Ski
- Kite Surfing