IYT Approved Yacht and Boat Theory and Practical Training Programs in Doha, Qatar
Located in Doha Qatar, Maritime Concept Sea School (Maritime Concept Qatar) offers IYT training courses in boating and yachting for beginners and experienced sailors. They offer knowledge on skills such as navigation, anchoring and mooring, boat handling skills and the rules of the road. They are a partner school of IYT (International Yacht Training) and headquartered in Kuwait.
Maritime Concept Sea School instructors have hands on experience in giving training for many years and have clear knowledge about the simplicities and the complexities of the sea from time to time. They are well focused to understand the behavior of the sea tides and different weather conditions.
IYT & ICC Courses
- Small Powerboat & RIB Master: Small Powerboat & RIB Master is a three day course, which is covered with two days of theory and one day of practical boat handling and covers vessels up to 15m only.
- International Bareboat Skipper Power and Sail: International Bareboat Skipper Power and Sail is a five day course. This course is not for beginners and the basic recommended entry level qualifications are - VHF radio operator’s certificate, should have logged over 200 nautical miles and 10 days at sea and minimum age to obtain this certification is 18.
- Master of Yachts Coastal/Mate 200gt Power & Sail: Master of Yachts Coastal/Mate 200gt Power & sail is a comprehensive and complete live onboard course with total 6 days for sail or 5 days for power. The course includes the practical on the water examination.
- Yachtmaster Coastal Power and Sail: The IYT Worldwide Yachtmaster Coastal Power and Sail Certificate is a recreational certificate of competency for command of sailing and/or power vessels up to 24 meters in length up to 60nm offshore. It is a comprehensive and complete live onboard course consisting of 6 days for sail or 5 days for power which includes practical on water examination.
- VHF Marine Radio Operator: The course concentrates on emergency radio procedures and everyday operating techniques.
- International Crew Power and Sail: international crew power and sail course is a certificate of excellence for those candidates who wish to train to become an active crew member on a power or sailing yacht.
- International Watch Keeper Flotilla Skipper Power and Sail: International Watch Keeper Flotilla Skipper Power and Sail Course is a five day course fully aimed at increasing the student’s knowledge, sufficiently to be a watch keeper or a flotilla skipper.
- Irish ICC 10m or 24m Power Coastal and Inland / MCA ICC 24m Power Coastal and Inland: If the candidate is thinking of chartering in Europe, then he may need an international certificate of competency, uniquely, as IYT worldwide has been approved by the Irish government to issue ICC certificates to qualified applicants of any nationality.
Other IY Approved Courses
- Learn to Sail / Introduction to Yachting
- Master of Yachts Limited Power and Sail
- Navigation Master
- Powerboat Skipper
- Weather Master
- Yachtmaster Offshore Power and Sail