OPITO, ICAO & STCW Approved Training Programs for the Oil & Gas Industry in Saudi Arabia
Established in 2006 and headquartered in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, Al Khaleej Marine Training was established to address Saudi Aramco needs for delivering marine and offshore emergency response and safety courses, mainly Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) and Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO). Currently, they are an OPITO and STCW approved center to deliver training to mainly Saudi Aramco and other oil and gas international and local companies.
Al Khaleej Marine Training provide training services through the branches located in various regions of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, where they annually serve more than 2500 clients from different companies and government sectors and more than 52,000 individual clients.
The training services provided to the clients vary according to the customer needs and the type of skills and competencies targeted for training to include in-class training, Instructor Led Training, Virtual Training, E-learning and Blended Training. In addition to various training options such as on-the-job training, mentoring and counseling are also provided.
- TBOSIET - Tropical Basic Offshore Safety Induction Emergency Training (3 days): The aim of the T-BOSIET is to introduce delegates to the specific safety issues and regimes relevant to offshore installations, and to equip them with the basic emergency response knowledge and skills for travelling to and from offshore installations by helicopter in a tropical environment.
- THUET - Tropical Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (1 day): The aim of the Tropical HUET training program is to prepare delegates that intend to travel to and from offshore oil and gas installations and vessels by helicopter in a tropical environment by providing specific training in pre-flight and in-flight requirements and to equip delegates with the basic emergency response knowledge and skills required in the event of a helicopter emergency – with specific focus on escaping from a helicopter following ditching and sea survival techniques.
- PST - Personal Survival Techniques (1 day): This course aims to meet the mandatory minimum requirements for seafarers for familiarization, basic safety training and instruction. The course is approved by the Directorate General of Shipping and meets requirements laid down in STCW.
Other Training Programs
- T-FOET - Tropical Further Offshore Emergency Training (1 day): The aim of the T-FOET is to provide the delegates with the opportunity to practice and demonstrate emergency response skills which are not possible to practice during drills, exercises and emergency training offshore.
- HLO - Helicopter Landing Officer - ICAO Recognized (1 day): The aim and objectives of the Helicopter Landing Officer Training Program are to equip the delegate with the knowledge, understanding and skills required to perform the role of Offshore Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) safely and effectively.
Last Updated: July 1, 2021