AziPro, BRM, Coastal Pilot, ECDIS, Tug Handling, and Vessel Traffic Portable Maritime Training
Pivot Maritime International is a maritime simulation, training and consultancy company. The head office is in Legana Tasmania and the technical center is in Riddells Creek, Victoria. Pivot Maritime is a pioneer in cost effective portable marine simulation systems and portable maritime training. Formed in 1996, Pivot pioneered portable maritime training and cost-effective portable simulation. Without sacrificing quality, Pivot Maritime produced affordable simulation systems that made them more accessible to a wider range of clients. These systems not only opened the door for greater variety in the delivery of maritime training but also led to significant cost savings for clients.
The strong maritime and technological expertise of the staff has been a major driving force in the rapid development of the company. Today, Pivot Maritime enjoys an enviable track record of providing innovative and cost-effective products and services to the international maritime and defense industries. Pivot Maritime International is a recognised leader in maritime training, with thr courses accredited both nationally and internationally - Registered Training Organization, Australian Quality Training Framework; IALA Accredited VTS Training Institute; and AMSA Approved Training Provider.
- Vessel Handling for Azimuth Thrust Propulsion Systems (AziPro) Course (3 days): Introduces participants to basic vessel handling maneuvers for azimuth thrust propulsion systems. Pivot's portable vessel handling simulators allow training to be conducted at any location required by the client.
- Bridge Resource Management (5 days): AMSA approved course designed to introduce participants to the fundamentals of bridge resource management, focusing on what is required of bridge personnel to reduce errors and omissions in bridge operations and to ensure smooth, efficient and safe vessel operations.
Coastal Pilot Courses
- Coastal Pilot Professional Development Course (PDC) (3 days): AMSA approved course designed to meet the requirements for coastal pilot professional development as outlined in AMSA Marine Orders. Applicants must provide documentary evidence of a valid Coastal Pilot License issued by AMSA. Course graduates will gain exemption from components of the Master Deck Revalidation Course.
- STCW ECDIS General Operator’s Course (5 days): AMSA approved course taught in accordance with STCW 2010, AMSA Marine Order 70 and IMO Model Course 1.27. Includes Furuno type-specific ECDIS training allowing graduates to earn both an AMSA ECDIS certificate and a Furuno ECDIS certificate.
- Furuno Type-Specific ECDIS Course (2 days): Approved training for Furuno FEA/FMD ECDIS systems. Highly practical, with participants trained on dedicated ECDIS simulators with full mission capability, real controls and Furuno ECDIS equipment.
- ECDIS for Shore-Based Personnel (1 days): A highly practical demonstration of ECDIS requirements designed for shore-based personnel who need to know the requirements of ECDIS and/or conduct ECDIS related tasks ashore.
Tug Handling Courses
- Tug Masters Operations Audit: Practical on-site training conducted as an operations audit to train and test tug masters on tug handling maneuvers required for port operations. Involves onboard training and simulation training under the expert guidance and supervision of a Training Master.
Vessel Traffic Courses
- Vessel Traffic Services Operator Training (4 weeks): IALA approved and taught in accordance with the IALA model course V103/1. Course graduates are expected to be able to perform VTS operations, supervise waterway traffic, schedule shipping movements, contribute toward effective teamwork at the VTS Centre, communicate effectively and respond to emergency situations in compliance with VTS port procedures and maritime legislation, and use VTS equipment for the safe and efficient delivery of VTS services.
- Vessel Traffic Services Supervisor Training (3 weeks): IALA approved and taught in accordance with the IALA model course V103/2. Builds on knowledge and skills gained for the VTS Operator Training and prepares participants for advanced VTS responsibilities and VTS supervisory roles.
LAST UPDATED ON Feb 2, 2019