Marine Engineering & Naval Architecture, and Maritime Skills Programs, and Supply Chain Warehouse Apprenticeship in Plymouth
City College Plymouth is a partner college of the University of Plymouth and a tertiary institution and further education college in South West England. Number of full-time students at the college is approximately 4,202 with 14,245 part-time students.
The College has received a number of national awards including National Training Award for Work-based Learning and Investors in People.
The two main sites are at the Goschen Centre in Keyham and the Kings Road Centre in Devonport, both in Plymouth, Devon. The City College Plymouth Marine Skills Centre is based close to the historic Royal Naval dockyard, in the heart of Plymouth’s local marine industry, and is a five minute walk from the College’s main campus at Kings Road.
Marine Engineering & Naval Architecture Programs
- Level 5 Foundation Degree in Marine Engineering (Plymouth University) (2 years full-time, 3 years part-time): This Foundation Degree in Marine Engineering awarded by Plymouth University will teach you these crucial skills as well as giving you an understanding of design concepts and engineering principles. You will also work on the managerial techniques required to be employed in this lucrative industry.
- Level 5 Foundation Degree in Naval Architecture (Plymouth University) (2 years full-time, 3 years part-time): The Foundation Degree in Naval Architecture at City College Plymouth will enable you to develop the necessary technical knowledge and skills required for entering the exciting world of ship and vessel design. The course has been designed to provide you with a wide breadth of knowledge to prepare you for the multi-disciplined elements of working in this industry.
- Level 4 HNC in Marine Engineering (Plymouth University) (2 years, part-time): HNC in Marine Engineering at City College Plymouth will provide you with the knowledge, skills and academic qualification to work as a marine engineer.
- Level 4 HNC in Naval Architecture (Plymouth University) (2 years, part-time): This course has been designed to develop your skills and knowledge within core subjects related to naval architecture such as maths, science and materials. Along with these essential topics, you will also study the managerial aspects of the industry to gain a recognized qualification.
Maritime Skills Program
- City & Guilds Level 2 Maritime Skills (1 year, full-time): This course has been designed to incorporate the key skills required for anyone considering career within the maritime industry. It will teach you the multifaceted disciplines required to work in a boat yard or marina and how to conduct yourself safely whilst carrying out activities within these areas. Alongside the subject areas stated below, you will also develop your communication skills, work safely within the maritime environment and be aware of the legislation that will keep you and those around you, safe
Warehousing & Logistics (Apprenticeships)
- City & Guilds Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative) (13 months, full-time): Upon successful completion of this recognized level 2 qualification, you may progress into advanced Apprenticeships in team leading, logistics operations driving goods vehicles, or warehousing and storage. You could also choose to go into a variety of jobs in the warehousing industry.